[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rate me... Rate me my friend

Medal of Honor

Hi All,

Just finished my first draft of the season last night. We play in an ESPN standard league that starts 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 W/R Flex, 1 TE, 1 D/ST, 1 K. Passing TDs are worth 6 points.

Please let me know what you think of my team. My thoughts are that I am weak at RB, but at least have a couple starters. If those guys just play average, the studs I have at the other positions will put my team in the win column. I went WR, WR, QB in the draft.

QB - T. Romo

RB - C. Portis, A. Bradshaw, K. Huggins, L. Washington, F. Taylor

WR - A. Johnson, R. Wayne, J. Knox, L. Evans, Jacoby Jones

TE - D. Clark

D/ST - Saints (Reggie Bush TDs plox)

K - L. Tynes

Also, WDIS?

Not to sound callous, but please tell me this is a 18 team league. Or maybe I just need some more detail on your league. Your RB situation is putrid. Fortunately, you do have some bait in Wayne, but you need to improve your RB situation BADLY.

Again, not trying to be rude, but I don't know what you were trying to attempt in this draft?

I always believe in picking the best player available, and with an early run on Running Backs, I was forced to either take a RB that was of less value than the round he was going in, or go for another solid WR. Running Backs were hot early on, so I avoided them like the plague and staffed up at other positions hoping to make an early-season trade.

I'd rather have Wayne in the second round than somebody like CJ Spiller.

It is a 12-team league.

The RBs are pretty brutal. If trades are active in this league, I'd try to start working some magic.

Sometimes taking the best player available can leave your starting team worse off.

If you are familiar with this league and the RB rush, it would have been better to lead the rush instead of pick up the scraps. In a league where QBs get hit hard in rds 2 & 3, I took Brees with my first pick.

With the Huddle rankings shaping my strategy, I still feel I can get value at a position even in the middle of a rush, instead of avoiding a position entirely for too long.

Good luck.

Basically I think I can trade Reggie Wayne for something better than who I could have drafted as a RB at that exact same pick. Does that make sense? Instead of like a Spiller, I can get something like a Grant or something.

While similar in likely production, ADP would not consider those players equivalent. You can do better.

Don't panic. Wait a week or two. Look for one of your lesser guys to go nuts and then sell high. Target players with poor matchups to start the season that you can buy low.

Good luck.