[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trade Mike Wallace for Tim Hightower?

Doug7410

I have Beanie Wells as a starter. I know he's questionable and the Tim Hightower is next in line. Would it make sense to trade Mike Wallace of Pitsburgh for Hightower. Wallace has sleeper potential. I'm thinking it might be good to have both Hightower and Wells on my team anyway, since they will probably share carries.

If this is a PPR league, no. Hightower value is MUCH greater than Wallace in PPR. In standard, non-PPR, Hightowers only real value is as a handcuff. I have Beanie and Hightower in 2 leagues. One a PPR and 1 a non-PPR. The non-PPR I have is more as trade bait later on, when Wells gets going solid.

This is a non PPR league. Are you saying this trade wold be worth wile for the other guy? I have Boldin, Wane, and Bowe as my other recivers, so I feel like I can afford to give up Wallace. If Wells doesn't play I have Sproles and McGahee as my backups. I dont want to be screwed in week one if wells doesn't play, that's why I'm considering Hightower.

This is a non PPR league. Are you saying this trade wold be worth wile for the other guy? I have Boldin, Wane, and Bowe as my other recivers, so I feel like I can afford to give up Wallace. If Wells doesn't play I have Sproles and McGahee as my backups. I dont want to be screwed in week one if wells doesn't play, that's why I'm considering Hightower.

You have depth so don't need Wallace, but Wallace is projected to be this years DJax. Hightower, he will be envolved, but Wells will get the majority of the touches on a regular basis but in your case, I would take the trade. I think you need the handcuff due to the lack of a solid replacement.

The trade was rejected. :wacko: The guy said he'll let me know if he's interested after week one. lol , That does me a whole lot of good. I picked up Fred Taylor and dropped McGahee. At least he's a starter. I'm still going to leave Wells in there for week one unless I get some news that he's not going to play Sunday.

Edited by Doug7410

The trade was rejected. :wacko: The guy said he'll let me know if he's interested after week one. lol , That does me a whole lot of good.

Telll him the offers off the table after this week. He's thinking about it, you just need to sell it. You know "I'm taking the bigger hit here man" or "I taking a risk but I want to start the said player, thinking he might have a good game"

Thanks, but I tried that.

I said

"If Wallace does good week one you know the offer will be off the table. In the long run Hightower is just going to be a backup. If you want to get in on a good deal you gotta do it now. Otherwise I'm sure I'll have some other people interested in giving me a RB for Wallace if he blows up."

then he said

"Then ill pass, wallace hasnt done anything yet"

I've never been a very good salesman, lol

Thanks, but I tried that.

I said

"If Wallace does good week one you know the offer will be off the table. In the long run Hightower is just going to be a backup. If you want to get in on a good deal you gotta do it now. Otherwise I'm sure I'll have some other people interested in giving me a RB for Wallace if he blows up."

then he said

"Then ill pass, wallace hasnt done anything yet"

I've never been a very good salesman, lol

wallace hasnt done anything yet because the season hasnt either...LOL !! I have hightower and wallace and right now wallace has little value without Ben, but when he comes back watch what he does then...if you feel your other wrs can stay in and get you points, keep a hold on wallace cause his value IS goin to go up!

wallace hasnt done anything yet because the season hasnt either...LOL !! I have hightower and wallace and right now wallace has little value without Ben, but when he comes back watch what he does then...if you feel your other wrs can stay in and get you points, keep a hold on wallace cause his value IS goin to go up!

You're right. I'm probably better off that he turned it down. If Wells gets healthy and Wallace starts racking up points I'll be set.