[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Are we allowed to do this here?

detlef

Not sure if this is kosher or not, but I'm participating in a fundraiser at my local gym for The Wounded Warrior Project. I'll hold off on the link and info pending approval of this sort of deal here at the Huddle.

Powers that be, feel free to gun the thread if this sort of thing is not allowed. I completely understand.

Well, I think this qualifies.

So, my gym joins other CrossFit gyms around the country to do something called Fight Gone Bad. The name is nothing more than a name that they often give workouts. Not sure why they do this, they just do. The CrossFit community is made up of many in or formerly in the military. Interestingly enough, besides here, it's my primary exposure to that culture and that exposure has changed me for the better.

At any rate, once a year, not unlike a 10K for charity, we do this particular tedious workout and raise money for three worthy charities.

Livestrong needs no introduction.

The Wounded Warrior Project helps improve the lives of those wounded in battle.

CrossFit Foundation which helps the lives of military, first responders, and law enforcement among other things.

At any rate, I could do without the stupid shirt I'll likely get, but I think the cause is noble and I want to put out a no-pressure invitation for anyone who may want to help out. I actually didn't realize that any other charity but WWP was supported, hence the slant of my pitch on the donation page. Also, I did research the fund because I'd heard rumors that it was a bit of a scam. Rumors that seemed ultimately not all that well-founded.

At any rate...

Again, no pressure.