[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who would you rather have - Harvin or Bryant

BearBroncos

Who would you rather have in your keeper team?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Trade

• Dez Bryant
    • Percy Harvin

Standard scoring non-PPR and we can keep 5 each year.

I was offered Harvin straight across for Bryant. I'm okay at receiver, not great with DJax, Naanee, Knox, Wallace and McCluster. I think Bryant will be good, but many teams are going to Harvin style players.

Granted, Harvin had a poor showing in week 1, but many know how I feel about week 1 results. Favre will need to find a target and Berrain just aint it.

Opie, sorry... Needed more.

Five keepers? wow that's alot. Makes it so the draft isn't all that much to look forward to. We keep 2 (12 team-19 roster spots, must carry 2 d and 2 k). I haven't seen enough of Dez Bryant to anoint him the next Randy Moss. He didn't impress me much in the first game, and he will have a hard time getting balls with Austin and Witten there. I'd almost hold off on trading Harvin for Bryant at least until I saw more of him in game action to make a judgment. But that's just me.

It was 3 keepers last year and then the commish bumped it to 5 (he was stacked). I probably won't be rejoining this league after this year so i'll be looking for a replacement keeper league :wacko:

The only reason I'm considering is Harvin has low value. If he has a Nicks type game, that value will sky rocket. I don't see Bryant having that kind of game until mid to late in the season so his value will remain, other than nice Keeper value.

I'm also scared chitless of those migraines. Sleep Apnea is nothing to grin about. I have it and it took Reggie Whites life so there is always that as well.

Cmon BB, you know the program. It's not just the players, but what they mean for your team... If you value a short-term starter, fill-in or flex option, then Harvin is the better choice. Also, if you think he could put your teams' chances of competing now over the top, since it might take some time for Dez to become a primary target (and of course, with any rookie, even an uber-talented one, there is always the risk of the "bust" factor).

Obviously though, if you're looking towards the long-term as a keeper with huge upside, then Dez has alot more potential to be elite, but this quote also seems kind of telling of your priorities:

I probably won't be rejoining this league after this year so i'll be looking for a replacement keeper league :wacko:

So if you really don't plan on sticking around, then maybe it might be more important to you to have a guy you should be able to count on more this year with Harvin (unless you're just trying to be nice to the replacement owner by keeping Bryant). To me it's just a matter of which is a better fit for your team needs and plans.

BTW, as a Harvin owner myself, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they really have figured out how to treat and control the migraines... But one thing is for sure, if Harvin can play, he will play. That kid is one tough SOB... I'd maybe be a little more concerned about the other WRs in Minny stepping up and getting the coverage off of him to let him work.

Cmon BB, you know the program. It's not just the players, but what they mean for your team... If you value a short-term starter, fill-in or flex option, then Harvin is the better choice. Also, if you think he could put your teams' chances of competing now over the top, since it might take some time for Dez to become a primary target (and of course, with any rookie, even an uber-talented one, there is always the risk of the "bust" factor).

Obviously though, if you're looking towards the long-term as a keeper with huge upside, then Dez has alot more potential to be elite, but this quote also seems kind of telling of your priorities:

So if you really don't plan on sticking around, then maybe it might be more important to you to have a guy you should be able to count on more this year with Harvin (unless you're just trying to be nice to the replacement owner by keeping Bryant). To me it's just a matter of which is a better fit for your team needs and plans.

BTW, as a Harvin owner myself, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they really have figured out how to treat and control the migraines... But one thing is for sure, if Harvin can play, he will play. That kid is one tough SOB... I'd maybe be a little more concerned about the other WRs in Minny stepping up and getting the coverage off of him to let him work.

I'm going to play as if I were, regardless. I make that final decision at the end of the season. I've been with this league for 5 years now so friendship might keep me there.

I'm going to play as if I were, regardless. I make that final decision at the end of the season. I've been with this league for 5 years now so friendship might keep me there.

Well, now you're making me sound like a dick...

Na, I would never do that in LLD, even if I were for some reason planning to leave (haha, you're not getting rid of me that easily), but it sounded like you were peeved about the commissioner exploiting the rules... If that's the case, I'd still consider trying to get while the gettin's good if you think the league stands to implode in the next year or so.

Well, now you're making me sound like a dick...

Na, I would never do that in LLD, even if I were for some reason planning to leave (haha, you're not getting rid of me that easily), but it sounded like you were peeved about the commissioner exploiting the rules... If that's the case, I'd still consider trying to get while the gettin's good if you think the league stands to implode in the next year or so.

BTW, this isn't LLD I'm referring to :wacko: which I'm sure you figured out.

I'm not really pissed about the commish rule change other than I don't the rule in itself. It really takes away from it and makes it harder for weeker teams to gain competitiveness so you end up with the same teams year in and year out make the final 4. And mind you, I'm in that final 4 year in and year out but the league seems to change the rules to allow for these higher end teams to retain their dominance and that's no fun, anymore :tup:

I'm actually having more fun being a loser in LLD :tup: and in a couple of redrafts this year. I actually had the best redraft I've had in years and that's drafting from the 6 position in a 12 man league....

Anywho, keep the votes coming in.. It's closer then i thought it would be.