[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Drop a few or no?

kitchwa111

So this is my first time in a league and was wondering if it was a good idea to drop some guys or not. First I have Laurence Maroney. Since he's labeled as questionable because of his injury and has been traded, should I drop him? I also have 2 Te's. My starter is Brent Celek and on my bench I have Greg Olsen. They have the same by-week too. Should I drop Greg Olsen? And finally I have the Bengals d/st and was wondering if I should drop them for another defense, some teams available are Lions, Panthers, Browns, Broncos, Raiders, n Texans to list the top 6 on the list. Advice is much appreciated.

When starting a question thread, you must post all your vitals.

-League type

-League size

-PPR/standard scoring

-Your roster

-etc.

Oh

Type ? idk. Sorry like I said it's my first time in a league

Size is 12 teams

Standard scoring

Roster:

Rivers

Chris Johnson

Joseph Addai

Hines Ward

Miles Austin

Ochocino

Brent Celek

Bengals d/st

Rob Bironas

Bench:

Ricky Williams

Tim Hightower

Steve Breaston

Greg Olsen

Laurence Maroney

Kyle Orton

Nate Washington

+1 to what Chris said

Also to answer your specific set of questions, we need to know who's available on your waiver wire (top 5 at the position will be enough to get the flavor)

Happy to respond with some more info bro,

WD

Listed the d/st already

top ranked rb's (projcted points for next week)

Kevin Faulk

Juilius Jones

John Kuhn

Fred Jackson

Tony richardson

Wr's

Jacoby Jones

Josh Morgan

Mike Thomas

Steve Johnson

Davonee Bess

Te's

Daniel Graham

Anthony Fasono

Tony Schefler

Evan Moore

Reggie Kelly

At first glance, your bench already has enough RB depth with Hightower and Williams.

My first move would be to drop Maroney, and pick up WR Jacoby Jones to add some depth to at WR.

Thanks, I guess I could drop Greg Olsen before week 8 then just pick one that doesn't have a by for that week to have a Te but what about the d/st?

Make sure you drop Maroney and pick up Jacoby Jones. Jones will be claimed by someone else by week 4 if you don't.

For the team DEF, none of them are strong plays, so I would just spot start them and play the match-ups on a weekly basis.

Meaning just pick the defense that is best suited to do well depending on who they're playing that week so it's kinda a constant drop/add?

And how well do you think Maroney is gonna do on the Broncos?

Right now he's a nobody on the Broncos. He's 3rd on the depth chart. Moreno is the starter, and Buckhalter is the "handcuff". Even if Buckhalter goes down, Maroney is still only a 3rd down back/handcuff. If you're stuck on having a 3rd down back/handcuff you're better off picking up a guy like Javon RInger, or Toby Gerhart.