[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Weigh in on a trade?

xdikkx

I was offered a trade. I'm giving up Gore and getting Jamaal Charles and Marques Colston in return. I don't really need the WR depth (I have Roddy White, Hines Ward, Hakeem Nicks, TO and Santonio Holmes on my bench). My other RBs are Arian Foster, Ahmad Bradshaw, Fred Taylor and Fred Jackson. I had Ryan Grant (whom I drafted over Charles...) so my team didn't always look bad.

What are your thoughts? Should I do it and hope to flip Colston for a big name QB or RB?

**EDIT: This is a PPR league. 1 pt/10 rushing and 1 pt/20 receiving.

Edited by xdikkx

i would wait on that deal, you could always offer it next week and chances are the owner would still make it.

Although i like Charles he is being used as a change of pace ( he is making the most of it though), NO spreads the ball out so much that colstons value has dropped. I dont think you will be able to get a big name RB for colston straight up

I need help on a trade: http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?showtopic=330383.

Edited by angelitto

i would wait on that deal, you could always offer it next week and chances are the owner would still make it.

Although i like Charles he is being used as a change of pace ( he is making the most of it though), NO spreads the ball out so much that colstons value has dropped. I dont think you will be able to get a big name RB for colston straight up.

Not for Colston straight, but I could try to package him with Bradshaw.

Edited by xdikkx

I would not have done that yesterday. I'd feel much more confident starting Gore over Jamaal Charles each week. Since you don't need Colston, why hurt yourself at RB, when you already lost Ryan Grant. You can't assume you can move Colston for someone (maybe you can, but it's no guarantee.) I am never a fan of 2-for-1 deals unless you really need help at two positions. That's the only reason to give up a stud.

The only problem with the package Colston deal is that somene just did it to you. They packaged Colston with Charles to get Gore out of you. Why turn around and get a "big name guy" for a lesser quality RB (Bradshaw) and the guy you just got packaged with (Colston). Keep your big name guy and you don't have to go through the trouble.

I have found that elite players win you championships. Depth gives you mediocrity. In looking at trades, I always look to be the one getting the best player.

Gore is an elite RB. Jamal Charles may end up being a stud, but he isn't yet. Colston is up and down. You already admitted you don't need Colston.

Unless you have a super chubby for Charles, I wouldn't make this deal.

Another consideration is Gore's schedule. Take a look at it and see if you don't end up wanting to keep Gore.