[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Grand Design Gone Wrong?

ReturnToSender

My team is in my signature, and I play in a high scoring PPR, with 10 pt bonuses for 100 yards rushing/receiving and 300 yards passing.

I mocked and mocked all summer long up until my Sept 7th draft with my 11th pick. Most times I ended up going wr/wr and then romo and gates in the 3rd and 4th, picking backs late and taking chances. I went into the draft thinking this, but as always, our draft threw me a curve. Moss dropped to me at 11th, something that never happened in all of my mocks. I usually went Austin/Wayne, or something Roddy White.

I grab Moss and on the turn, I decide that Payton Manning is due for a huge year and take him. I follow this with Pierre Thomas and Javid Best. Then Whitten and Simms-Walker.

As the draft was going I felt pretty good about my draft.

Now I look back on my team, and I think it looks weak at best. Yes, I love Manning, but I have a feeling I am just too thin at WR, and a very untested RB crew.

Do you think I screwed the pooch on this draft, or do I have the early season blues?

A little of both. Week one is always difficult with teams still getting their act together so someone that may end up a stud gets off to a slow start (read: Andre Johnson). However, I think that given your particular situation you RB choices may be your undoing. Of course, only time will tell. Don't get panicky yet, the season is long.

Thanks, and I am a Vet, week one doesn't bother me, actually won thanks to Manning and the Cards D. I don't think I am afraid of Pierre Thomas, I really like him this season. Just feel a little week after Moss and Thomas at WR and RB.

Tried a Manning and Sims-Walker trade for Romo and Roddy White, but he declined it. I really like how the team would have worked out if that went through. O well, just musing I guess, always looking to improve.