[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

PPR Dilemma

MBancroft

Ok I made the mistake of drafting a boom or bust team in my PPR league this year. I had never played a PPR before so I have no experience when it comes to trade values. From what I've discoverd (by the vast amount of rejected trades I am getting) is that Wide Receivers seem to be gold, and everyone else gets the shaft. I drafted with the intent of trading should my players bust (some of which I fear are on the cusp).

Starting rosters are QB, WR, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, K, DEF

Here is my roster for the relevant positions:

RB:

Arian Foster

Steven Jackson

Brandon Jackson

Jahvid Best

Darren McFadden

Jonathan Stewart

Fred Jackson

WR:

Dwayne Bowe

Calvin Johnson

Michael Crabtree

Dez Bryant

Donald Driver

The goal is to trade one or two of the plethora of RB's (of which only two can start) for a solid WR. What kind of wide receiver can i expect to gain if I offer up one of these RB's? I.m pretty much willing to trade any of them (with a slight death grip of foster).

You have some PPR gold there. Don't panic. In my opinion, the most valuable players in a PPR league are RBs that catch a lot of passes. You have some of those.

The fact that your league starts 3 WRs places a premium on that position. Calvin and Crabtree will be OK eventually. You can use Driver until Crabtree gets it. Dez Bryant was a nice surprise in that he got a ton of targets. Bowe looks lost. Probably a swing and miss there.

Look at the Ryan Grant owners roster and offer him BJackson for a WR2 type player. Shoot high at first and then wait for the counter. One of the SSmiths would be nice target.

Here is the team with the post trade potential based on rosters:

RB:

Frank Gore

Darren Sproles

Ronnie Brown

Thomas Jones

WR:

Miles Austin

Chad Ochocinco

Mark Clayton

Nate Washington

Mike Williams (TB)

Santonio Holmes

The only other decent option (assuming one of his starts is a bust, so this would be weeks down the road)

RB:

Ray Rice

Michael Turner

Justin Forsett

Donald Brown

Fred Taylor

WR:

Roddy White

Hakeen Nicks

Greg Jennings

Robert Meacham

Vincent Jackson