[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Eli vs alternatives

Winoman

Eli surprised me in week 1 with a very solid performance - better then I thought he'd do. Problem is I have him in all 4 of my leagues (drafted QB very late in each) and while pleased to have him I'm nervous about relying on him for all of my teams (but starting M Stafford last week in one league certainly didn't work out for me).

As my alternatives in 2 of my leagues aren't so good (Hasselback vs Denver & Anderson vs Atlanta) I'm certainly sticking with Eil in those. However I did pick up Vick (for Stafford) and am planning on starting him (vs Detroit...and my saliva is already flowing...) and I have Carson Palmer (vs Baltimore)as an option in my last league - as it stands there I'm thinking of starting Eli - but I expect Cinci to have to throw vs Balto and to have sucess...though it still could be a low scoring game....and the Giants should be running all over Indy the way I figure it - perhaps limiting Elis oppurtunities - though He'll certainly want to show big brother that he is an NFL QB too...

So what do you think - Carson over Eli? And if you disagree with Vick or my other choices (to start Eli) let me know as well...thanks!.

Edited by Winoman

I don't think the Giants/Colts game is going to be that much of a run-fest. The Giants have shown a weak secondary in the past to elite QBs, and Carolina wasn't much of a test last week, so I expect the Colts will be able to put some points on the board. If they do it before the Giants get cranked up, then we will see Eli throwing a lot more.

Personally, I think the Giants are going to win a higher-scoring game (34-31 range?) with Eli around 275 yards and 2 TD passes. AND, I think that's a lot better than Carson Palmer is going to fare against the Ravens. I do agree with you, though, about the call to use Vick against the Lions.

Thanks (last 2 here). I hope it is a shootout (though I am going against Peyton in at least 2 leagues...). As it stands I'm planning to use Eli in 3 and Vick in the other. While Palmer is apealing he could get stuffed (scoring wise certainly) by the Ravens just as easy. Eli should be in there keeping pace with big brother. Now if the G men somehow jump out to an early lead well he may not even need to be on the field...I do think that the Giants will run run run