[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Should I Panic?

teewhy237

I play in a $500 ppr league and I had the worst performing team week one. It's an auction league and coming in the only thing that didn't go as planned was the aquisition of Deangelo Williams. I wanted a top tier QB in his place but he came out earlly and thought he was going too cheap and I got stuck with him. Well, here is my lineup.

Denver Team QB

Arizona Team QB

Adrian Peterson

Deangelo Williams

Reggie Bush

Tim Hightower

Marques Colston

Steve Smith (NYG)

Dwayne Bowe

Mike Thomas

Mike Williams (Sea)

Jacoby Jones

Brent Celek

Todd Heap

Balitmore D/ST and Kicker

K.C. D/ST and Kicker

The only QB I left the draft with is McNabb, who has since been dropped, but I was pleased with Orton's performance and the potential of Tebow rushing being that we use Team QB. I scored a league low 79 points where the league high just about doubled me at 144. I personally think because of different reasons my players didn't perform to potential. Carolina gave up running in second half, as did Minnesota. Philly in the first half was garbage, Smith was drawing double coverage, which i hope rotates to Nicks going forward and Dwayne Bowe, well don't know what to say about him. Should I hang tight or should I persue some trades to improve? I personally don't think I can land anyone that I could plug in my lineup and be a clear advantage over my guys. Theres a chance I can get Dallas Clark which I think would be an upgrade hands down, although I'd have to get off of either Bowe, Smith, or Colston for him. Let me know what you think.....

Way to early to panic - your team looks perfectly serviceble if not overly exciting. Obviously AP will have (much) better days - and Orton actually tends to be a decent FF QB - but I might pick up another QB (McNabb maybe...lol) and do matchups. I'd definatly trade for D Clark if you can - for Bowe and maybe Smith - but not Colston. Celek should be good for you if not. Otherwise you seem OK to me particularly if its a 12+ team league...one or more of your 3rd-4th tier WRs should step up as well.

It's actually a 10 team league. McNabb just doesn't do it for me. I did plan on playing matchups which is why I picked up Anderson vs StL week one. Even tho I did go with Orton : ). I like the potential of Mike Thomas, Williams and Jones which would make getting off one of my other WR's for Clark very doable. I agree too that I hang on to Colston regardless. Thanks a lot for input.

I was the second to lowest scorer in 2 of my leagues and expect to lose in both those leagues again this week but one of those leagues, even losing week 1, 2 and maybe even 3 I think has the strongest potential to win the SB. Patients. Don't let the early weeks freak you out and force you to make erratic dicisions. Let your team settle in the first three weeks. You may surpirse yourself!

You're solid overall... not spectacular, but solid. Way too early to panic. If you can maybe package Bowe and Bush for Dallas Clark, I would go for it. I would be hesitant to give up Colston or Smith, though. Otherwise, stand pat and watch the waiver wire for a QB opportunity. The Lions may end up passing all season as they play from behind... Are they available for QB? Intriguing with CJ in the lineup.

O.K. , so I'm 0-2

I was able to get Matt Forte for Steve Smith. I feel my WR depth is decent enough to fill the void left by Smith. Question I have is this. My good buddy has Philly team QB as a back up to Chicago Team QB. His second RB is J. Charles and has J. Stewart on his bench. My QB's are Orton and and Anderson, been starting Orton who I've been very pleased with. Should I hang on to Williams in hopes of improvement and possibly trading later for a better WR or QB, or should I be looking to upgrade my QB squad at the first oppurtunity?