[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Running back headache

ffrookie10

Hi. This is my first ff football season and I am looking to redeem myself this week-Wk 1 lost 46-61.

For RB, have: Bradshaw, S. Jackson, DeAngelo Williams, and Willis McGahee (I dropped Shonn Greene for McGahee). Am wondering if Hightower would be better than McGahee (free agent). Much obliged for any input. Thanks.

Oh man! Not trying to be mean but, you should not have dropped Greene. One of the first lessons to learn in fantasy football is not to over exaggerate week 1. There are always player that hit and dissapear and always players that suck but, rebound I mean look at Chris Johnson last year he started out with only like 57 rushing yards. I think Greene will rebound but, even if he doesnt you have to stick it out with him just to see for a few games. I always like to hold on to the guys I drafted after week one because I drafted them for a reason and one week in the NFL especially the first week can be very misleading.

Any ways sorry about my rant to answer your question yes Hightower is a much better player to have right now than McGahee. To be honest though your backs arent that bad S. Jackson and D. Williams is pretty decent and Bradshaw as a 3rd is solid. If Greene is still out there though drop McGahee and pick him back up. I implore you to do so ASAP.

Edited by Tyler

Hi. This is my first ff football season and I am looking to redeem myself this week-Wk 1 lost 46-61.

For RB, have: Bradshaw, S. Jackson, DeAngelo Williams, and Willis McGahee (I dropped Shonn Greene for McGahee). Am wondering if Hightower would be better than McGahee (free agent). Much obliged for any input. Thanks.

Yeah Greene has a chance to be a VERY good player in this league as long as he doesnt fumble it away L.T. is too old to handle alot of carries and Greene should prove to be the work horse there. If he is out there get him again and your backs will be rocking. I like Naanee alot he had a good game against the Chiefs and is clearly going to be the number 2 or maybe even 1 in the Chargers passing attack. I like Naanee much better that M. Lewis there are always going to be TE available in the waiver wire. I trust the Chargers passing attack alot more than the Jags so yes I think it was a mistake.

This is my opinion though some may disagree. I've been playing fantasy football for over 10 years though so I would like to think I know what I'm talking about but, I guess we all feel that way.

I'd be interested to know your scoring system, how many players you have to start and who the rest of your players are.

Yeah Greene has a chance to be a VERY good player in this league as long as he doesnt fumble it away L.T. is too old to handle alot of carries and Greene should prove to be the work horse there. If he is out there get him again and your backs will be rocking. I like Naanee alot he had a good game against the Chiefs and is clearly going to be the number 2 or maybe even 1 in the Chargers passing attack. I like Naanee much better that M. Lewis there are always going to be TE available in the waiver wire. I trust the Chargers passing attack alot more than the Jags so yes I think it was a mistake.

This is my opinion though some may disagree. I've been playing fantasy football for over 10 years though so I would like to think I know what I'm talking about but, I guess we all feel that way.

I'd be interested to know your scoring system, how many players you have to start and who the rest of your players are.

My roster is:

QB: Vick, Favre

RB: Jackson, D. Williams, Bradshaw, McGahee

WR: M. Lewis, M. Austin, Shiancoe, Camarillo, Bowe, S. Holmes

K: Crosby, Janikowski

D: Vikings, Baltimore

Our league is a high-scoring one with points for every 10 yards.

Edited by ffrookie10

The available RB are: Hightower, Greene, Bush, Cadillac Williams, Barber, Faulk, Slaton.....which would be the best if I drop McGahee?