[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I have a scoring question for my league

Bucsraysfan

I am the commissioner in my league and we have a scoring issue. We have scoring with fractions in our league. I have 2 teams that both teams final game of the week was Sunday night. Here's the issue. Team 1 score with seconds left in the game is 77.6 and Team 2 score is 77.45. Last seconds of the game, Manning takes a knee for -3 yards. With 10 rushing yards per point scoring, that gives Manning a total rushing of -3 which equals -0.3 changing Team 1's final score to 77.3 and losing the week. My issue is, how come sacks do not count as negative yards yet a volutary knee does. I would love to hear what you would do. Would you grant the points?

Thanks!

once you play fantasy enough you'll see it all. This is part of the game. -.3 points is the correct scoring and a win becomes a loss.

Sacks count as yards lost for the offense as a whole. If you take a sack you are not 'running' and therefore it is not a running play. Conversely if you tuck the ball and run it and are tackled for a loss, you get negative rushing yards but the defense does not get a sack. A knee is considered the latter, the QB's choice to back up one yard, get a whistle and run clock.

I hope this helps and don't worry, your owners will get used to losing in new and exciting ways. Taking a knee is only the beginning..

Edited by wolfer

Yup....leave it as is. It is part of the game because he did "run" the ball. Another aggravating thing for QB's is when he throws a ball right to a WR numbers but could catch it and knocks it up in the air and it gets picked.....not his fault but he gets the blame/negetive ff points.....grrr

Also, unless there is a blatant mistake, going with the line of "whatever the site calculates is our offical score" is a safe and honest position for a commish to have. Everyone is on equal footing. Not saying mistakes aren't made, but you have to have some standard. If the league doesn't like the ruling, change the rules next season.