[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Can't convince this guy that this is collusion.

D Dub

From another board:

Ok I have a season making decision right now so everyone pitch in. I'm down 12 points with Pierre Thomas going tonight. The guy I am playing just told me if I bench Thomas and give him the win, he will give me Cutler. My QB's are Favre and Vick. I won last week so it would put me at 1-1. QB scoring is big for us, 6 points a TD.

I'm really tempted to take it. Think Cutler is that big of an upgrade over Favre to take a loss?

And yes, I have thrown plenty of games before. Ever been in week 13 and lost on purpose so you had a better matchup in the playoffs? I have and it won me the championship. Integrity issue not found.

You play to win the game.

Trading a player for a win is not illegal or deceitful, sorry bub.

Would you allow this in a league that you run?

Edited by D Dub

Total crap! Do your rules say you have to start a complete lineup? Did this guy bench Thomas?

I have never heard of anyone even making an offer like this.

I have never thrown a game or even thought about it. Not in the spirit of the game. Super slimy.

I don't know if he did it or not, but we were going back and forth on it. Me saying that it shows a lack of integrity and is collusion, and any league that I'm in would ban someone for doing that.

Seems like he thinks anything goes.

I'm not in the league. It is an offtopic board with a running ffootball thread, and he posted that up and I told him it was unethical and against the spirit of fantasy football.

It sounds like maybe you don't understand the rules that league is being run with. While the guy sounds like a total clown, maybe the entire league is full of clowns? Or used car salesmen. TBH, I do not know why you care enough to bring it here. There are far more serious issues for you to fret over.

My favourite part of the entire thread:

And yes, I have thrown plenty of games before.

You play to win the game.

Alanis could have used these as lyrics.

I would not allow this in my league. There may be some tweaks that you may be able to do that might help. For instance, you may want to have it so you can't bench any of your starting positions (except for maybe defense). Don't invite him to your league next year, if all he does is ruin it. See if you can post a rule or write on the message board so that throwing games is not allowed and banishment from the league is possible.