[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ronnie Brown or Beanie Wells?

donk3ydan

I agree. Beanie (the Weenie) Wells has never lived up to his hype, and doesn't show any indication that he ever will. On the other hand, Ronnie Brown is a consistent star & seems to have the edge for now over Ricky Williams in Miami - a lot more yards and a TD on fewer touches.

Oh my lord! Are you people on crack??? What, lived up to his Collegate hype? They threw the freaking ball a bazillion times last year when he was a rookie and when he did run, he averaged 4.5 yards a carry. He will now be part of a run first offense and could have massive numbers this year.

I just don't get peoples logic. Next thing I'm going ot hear that Brown is less injury prone than Beanie!!

Oh my lord! Are you people on crack??? What, lived up to his Collegate hype? They threw the freaking ball a bazillion times last year when he was a rookie and when he did run, he averaged 4.5 yards a carry. He will now be part of a run first offense and could have massive numbers this year.

I just don't get peoples logic. Next thing I'm going ot hear that Brown is less injury prone than Beanie!!

You have a point, but it is a gamble going after a back who is injured and might have lost his starting job and give up a guy who is an established runner but injury prone.

I am not sure its a gamble i am willing to take. If brown isnt your starter than i could see you benefiting from this trade as you can give beanie time to work his way into the starting role. However, if you need a guy who can put up points now i would say stick with brown and shop him around later.

Beanie, lose the starting Job? Not a chance in heck.... Hightower is more like a Reggie Bush. He can't run between the tackles but has great hands for receptions and that's how he will be used. Hightower has done a great job in Beanies sted, but he will return to getting checkdown and some 3rd down work once Wells is back and healthy.

Hey, I didn't say Beanie was worthless - he's a good RB, gets his share of TD's - but so far his numbers just haven't been as spectacular as some people seem to expect. Ronnie's not a real high-end player either (yes, he gets hurt), but historically his per-year yards and TD's are higher than Beanie's, especially the last two years (admittedly last year was Beanie's rookie season) - and right now he (Ronnie) is looking strong and putting up good numbers.

You certainly could make a case for taking Wells now for use when he's ready to play - Brown's production may drop off, and Beanie may have a break out year - But I just don't see him as the better back this year.