[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pick up Buckhalter?

satchel123

Buckhalter is the starter, or so they say but it seem likely to be a RBBC situation.

They may give Buckhalter the bulk of the carries in this game but if it doesn't go well it will probably be RBBC next week. So for this week, I think he's worth a start depending on your roster.

Maroney will get the carries...

He hasn't hardly even practiced with the team. I don't know if he can just in there and be the automatic starter. I don't think Buck can handle more than 15 carries, but I also don't think Denver will be rushing allot in the second half.

Edited by BearBroncos

Buckhalter is a career backup that has averaged 2.0 YPC when he's been in relief this year.

Maroney has started before and done well. Give the guy a few days to learn the blocking shcemes Denver uses and he has the upside here.

My guess is the #3 listing comes from his health, not his talent.

Buckhalter is a career backup that has averaged 2.0 YPC when he's been in relief this year.

Maroney has started before and done well. Give the guy a few days to learn the blocking shcemes Denver uses and he has the upside here.

My guess is the #3 listing comes from his health, not his talent.

Maroney will not get as many touches this week as he will later in the season.

I think Buckhalter carries the load this week.

If this is a serious injury (and it seems that it may be) I think Maroney becomes the #1 guy when he gets familiar with the system.

Maroney will not get as many touches this week as he will later in the season.

I think Buckhalter carries the load this week.

If this is a serious injury (and it seems that it may be) I think Maroney becomes the #1 guy when he gets familiar with the system.

I'm wondering if I pick up Maroney now.

Early word is Moreno pulled a hamstring. If he is out more than a week or two Maroney could do some serious damage. But it's all speculation at this point.

I'm interested in the quickness of the release of the information. If anything, Maroney would be nice bait maybe next week for Morenos owners.

If anything this says something about the durability of Moreno.

Second hanstring injury already this year.

Maroney makes a great handcuff at the very least, and Gafney has fallen off the fantasy radar fairly quickly so odds are you can get him back should Moreno return healthy and play well.

McDaniels is probably the guy who picked Maroney on draft day to begin with. D. Williams was still on the board then too. McDaniels was named the official offensive coordinator in 2006, same year Maroney was drafted, and it's widely accepted he was calling the plays in 2005...

So my point is I don't know, I think it would be foolish to assume Buckhalter will get the carries automatically.

Valid point and McDaniels hasn't been shy about playing X Patriot players.

And I guess the play schemes are very simular to what he was used to in NE.

Conspriacy time. Is it possible that McDaniels is playing a injury card to throw the Cults off. They haven;t practiced for anythng other than Moreno.

Conspiracy doesn't make sense here. The Bronco's haven't been all the effective running the ball as it is, so it doesn't really matter which RB the defense was prepping for. Odds are they were looking more at Orton and his band of receiving talent instead.

I'd say legit injury.