[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Desperate for RB and rich w/ WRs, should I take this trade?

NJ Spartan

Hi,

I'm in a vanilla ESPN.com scoring system, 12 man league. I'm getting desperate to acquire another OK RB. In the meantime, I feel like I'm rich at WRs. I've been trying left and right to get a trade together (targeting Calvin Johnson or Jennings for a Cedric Benson type RB). Nobody wants to trade a RB.

I did get offered to trade Greg Jennings for Maroney. Should I take this trade? I know it's overpaying w/ a WR but I have so many and can't get more than 3 on the field at once.

Roster is below and any other advice is GREATLY appreciated!!

QB: Cutler, Vick

RB: Best, Rice, Hightower, John Kuhn (GB)

WR: Jennings, Calvin Johnson, Nicks, Wallace, Jacoby Jones, Smith (NYG)

TE: Hernandez, Zach Miller

K: Reed

D/ST: Giants

Jennings is way too much for Maroney.

If you don't start 2 QBs, I would trade one of your QBs. You should be able to get a RB1 for Vick right now.

OK, thanks for the advice. I appreciate it and like I said really need RB help. Trading Vick is a good idea. Any buy low RB1s you recommend I target? Thanks!

How about Cadillac Williams for Jennings? I just got offered this trade. I don't know why, but I have horrible feeling about Jennings (who was my 3rd pick in the draft). I'd like to unload him today before he's shown as a bust to everyone tonight.

I know Cadillac Williams isn't awesome but given my WR depth, I'm inclined to take this trade.

What do you think Jennings for Cadillac?

My complete roster is in the original post up above. Thanks!

How about Cadillac Williams for Jennings?

Cadillac to begin ceding carries to Blount

Rick Stroud of the St. Petersburg Times expects Cadillac Williams to start losing more carries to rookie LeGarrette Blount after the Bucs' Week 4 bye.

It's not hard to predict after how the two backs looked in Week 3. Williams has been surprisingly durable lately, but Blount simply looks like the more explosive runner. At the very least, the bulldozing Blount should start seeing the goal-line work.

Ok, I've managed to get someone who knows I'm shopping to offer Brandon Jackson for Jennings.

I'm inclined to accept the offer. Brandon Jackson will get to run against the Lions next weekend and there's nobody really on the roster to steal carries from him. I think I'll call the person and see if she'll take Nicks or Steve Smith instead (as I need to diversify 1 of the 2 NYG receivers) but would accept Jennings if she won't budge.

If I'm crazy The Huddle, please help talk me off the ledge.

The problem is, nobody really wants to trade Top RB for Top WRs. I can't get any nibbles on Hillis, Charles, Benson time RBs for either Calvin Johnson or Vick.

If I don't make a trade I'm going to have to waive Jacoby Jones and maybe Mike Wallace so I can add Darby, Blount, Torain or something like that.

I think the best thing to do is trade Jennings as I have more WRs than will see the field. Therefor, Jennings doesn't have a lot of value to me.

But lastly, I'll admit I suck at FF, which is why I joined The Huddle, hoping to get more competitive using this site as my edge.

Thanks for any advice!

BJax is not enough! Don't do it!

Why do you have such a woody to trade Jennings for a rb3/rb4? You can do better. What other RBs does the guy offering you BJaX have?

Since you admit you aren't sure how to do this, I will try to help you. What are your league's starting requirements?

Edited by lkirc

Thanks for the offer to help! In our league we start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2WR, 1 RB OR WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 ST/D

The person proposing the trade has:

QB: Rodgers, Rothlesberger,

RB: Mendenhall, Thomas Jones, J Stewart, Fred Jackson, Brandon Jackson

WR: Percy Harvin, Collie, Clayton, Meachem, Manningham, Mike Williams (Seattle),

TE: Celek

D/ST: TBB,

K: Feely

Thanks for the offer to help! In our league we start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2WR, 1 RB OR WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 ST/D

The person proposing the trade has:

QB: Rodgers, Rothlesberger,

RB: Mendenhall, Thomas Jones, J Stewart, Fred Jackson, Brandon Jackson

WR: Percy Harvin, Collie, Clayton, Meachem, Manningham, Mike Williams (Seattle),

TE: Celek

D/ST: TBB,

K: Feely

This person isn't a good fit for you as a trading partner. Look at all the rosters in the league and find someone who needs a QB or WR and has a nice stable of RBs. Post a couple of rosters if you want.

All I can say is don't sell low. Jennings is a sure WR1 and you're talking about getting #2's for him. If you are seriously after getting rid of Jennings look at teams who are struggling at WR first. As well make it known that you are willing to trade him and see what offers come to you.

How about Cadillac Williams for Jennings? I just got offered this trade. I don't know why, but I have horrible feeling about Jennings (who was my 3rd pick in the draft). I'd like to unload him today before he's shown as a bust to everyone tonight.

I know Cadillac Williams isn't awesome but given my WR depth, I'm inclined to take this trade.

What do you think Jennings for Cadillac?

My complete roster is in the original post up above. Thanks!

I have a Cadillac on my team right now, and he looks like garbage. In no way, shape or form are you to accept trading an elite receiver for a garbage running back who has already gotten 55 carries in 3 games. Do you also know how many yards he averages on attempt? 2.5. That's horrible considering the huge load he received from the first 3 weeks. He is practically jogging on the field it looks like. Plus, Blount is gonna start to hawk some carries away from Cadillac now too. Keep Jennings, trade one of your Quarterbacks for a great running back. Or do with Burton suggested and trade Jennings to a team that is struggling for a good WR. Don't even bother trading with the clown who has Maroney.