[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Beginner. I need some detailed advice.

notmike

First off, shout out to everyone who's consistently helping on here... yall are the $hit. Burton, especially, dude your advice has increased my points each week dramatically! If someone can help me I would sure appreciate it.

That said, I am in a 10 league, non-PPR leauge, and I have a line-up as follows. I think we're a money league too

Starters

---

QB: Donovan McNabb

WR: Brandon Marshall

WR: Larry Fitzgerald

RB: Ray Rice

RB: LeShawn McCoy

TE: Tony Gonzalez

WR/RB: Jacoby Jones

K: Garrett Hartley

DEF/ST: Pittsburg

Bench

---

WR: Pierre Garcon

WR: Robert Meachem

QB: Kevin Kolb

QB: Ben Roethlisberger

RB: Michael Bush

RB: Shonn Greene

Recent Activity for me

----

pre-week 2: Dropped Lawrence Tynes for Ben Roethlisberger (Tynes has not been picked up)

pre-week 2: Dropped C.J. Spiller for Pierre Garcon (Spiller HAS been picked up)

pre-Week 3: Dropped Heith Miller for Jacoby Jones (Miller is still FA)

What was I thinking?

---

I've been trying to build a base off a decent QB, two strong, but inconsistent WRs, and a BEAST defense. Obviously I've been finding out Fantasy Football is just as much luck as skill. I'm 1-2 right now after a loss by about 10-15 points, and in 7th place of 10. However, the top is not totally out of reach. I only need to remain in the Top 6 through the 13th week and I make the playoffs.

PLEASE!!! Can someone who has enjoyed much success offer me some advice. I'm being offered diaper dirtty trades (TO, Matt Ryan, for LeShawn McCoy), Kolb is only still there in case Vick runs his way into an injury, and I'm taking a huge chance with my QBs and keeping Ray Rice in his place.

I can provide you with info about Free Agents, and hope you can provide me with some sites who list solid sleepers each week. I'm not afraid to risk some, but as anyone I like to see SOME return.

Here is how our scoring breaks down.

----

((OFFENSE))

Passing Yards - (25 yards per point; 2 points at 350 yards; 3 points at 400 yards; 4 points at 450 yards)

Passing Touchdowns - (6)

Interceptions - (-2)

Rushing Yards - (10 yards per point; 2 points at 200 yards; 3 points at 225 yards; 4 points at 250 yards)

Rushing Touchdowns - (6)

Reception Yards - (10 yards per point; 1 points at 125 yards; 2 points at 150 yards; 3 points at 200 yards)

Reception Touchdowns - (6)

Return Yards - (25 yards per point; 3 points at 200 yards)

Return Touchdowns - (6)

2-Point Conversions - (2)

Fumbles Lost - (2)

Offensive Fumble Return TD - (6)

((KICKERS))

Field Goals 0-19 Yards - (3)

Field Goals 20-29 Yards - (3)

Field Goals 30-39 Yards - (3)

Field Goals 40-49 Yards - (4)

Field Goals 50+ Yards - (5)

Point After Attempt Made - (1)

((DEFENSE))

Sack - (1)

Interception - (2)

Fumble Recovery - (2)

Touchdown - (6)

Safety - (2)

Block Kick - (2)

Return Yards - (25 yards per point; 1 points at 200 yards)

Kickoff and Punt Return Touchdowns - (6)

Points Allowed 0 points - (15)

Points Allowed 1-6 points - (10)

Points Allowed 7-13 points - (7)

Points Allowed 14-20 points - (3)

Points Allowed 21-27 points - (1)

Points Allowed 28-34 points - (0)

Points Allowed 35+ points - (-3)

Rotoworld has some pretty good articles about waiver wire pickups - usually about 30 each week rated by how deep your league is. I'm a league champion and Rotoworld is my favorite fantasy source.

Sporting News Fantasy Source ($20/yr) is probably the best source for sit/start advice.

Fantasy Football Librarian (fflibrarian.com I think), is a blog where the owner collects all the fantasy articles from all over the web and posts them in one place which is great for beginners.

Obviously I've been finding out Fantasy Football is just as much luck as skill. I'm 1-2 right now after a loss by about 10-15 points, and in 7th place of 10. However, the top is not totally out of reach.

Yup it is. You can only do so much and it just all depends on how the guys you start do, even with a full team of studs you can lose any given week.

What are you trying to do with your team? Personally I really like your starters, I'd work on more depth and try to get a solid Flex starter.

I believe Garcon, Meachem & Jones are your weakest and if you are going to dump any look at them first. Try not to get rid of Greene cause his value is super low right now and I doubt you can get much for him. Just hope his value rises again later on.

Once Big Ben comes back you'll have solid QB's and you can look at moving one at that point.

As for sites I usually visit this one, Rotowire and Rotoworld. Just remember these sleepers you're after are not guarantees, don't expect a lot from them.

PS: Is McGahee avail? You may want to grab him just in case Rice does go down.

McGahee is available, as are RBs, Leon Washington, Lauwrence Maroney, BenJarvis Green-Ellis, and Marshawn Lynch. At least that's the top of the list.

More talk this morning about Lynch on the trading block and if he can go to GB he could do well. I'd almost grab him first before anyone else.

Well hey, speaking of WR's, I've been meaning to ask you... What do you think about Danny Amendola? and was picking up Jacoby Jones really a terrible idea? He got more points this week than Garcon and Meachem have all season.....

Edited by notmike

J. Jones will have some big games but probably not consistent numbers. Walters and Daniels will be the primaries, just under AJ. Garcon has been injured so should see some prodcution in a high vilocity offense as soon as he' healthy. Meachem, well, he's been involved only about 25% of the plays in the last 3 weeks so he's just not getting playing time.