[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

In A Vick Pickle

Kalaby

I'm in an 8-man league where we need to start 2 QBs each week, but can't own more than 3 total. It's a high scoring league where QBs are the key to winning the league. I'm 1-3 (but 3rd in points) and facing a good, but not great team this week.

Long story short, as we head into Week 5, I have Big Ben (bye), Vick (injured) and Rivers as my QBs.

With Vick's injury and Big Ben's bye, I'm in a tight spot with my 2nd starting QB spot for week 5.

The options as I see them:

1) Hold onto Vick and take a 0 this week for my 2nd QB slot and hope for the best.

2) Drop Vick and pickup a QB off the waiver wire to play this week. We have a blind bid system, so I'll probably need to spend a good chunk of change (we also have a salary cap for the season for waivers) in order to get Vick back (probably in next week's waiver wire).

3) Work out some deal with another owner that can take Vick - I'd obviously get diminished value for him due to his injury and the uncertainty of when he'll return.

4) Drop Vick and don't look back - for those that think he won't be the same this year with that injury.

I'm inclined to go with the first option, but I'd need to have Vick back by the time Rivers has his bye (week 10) or else I'll be back in the same situation as I am this week. Also, what happens in the (unlikely) event that Kolb suddenly starts lighting it up over the next few weeks?

My thoughts right now are that Vick will be out until Week 9 (Eagles bye is Week 8), but it's a complete crapshoot as to when he'll see the field again.

Any thoughts/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!