[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Need a QB and have to drop someone...

TopGun

I have Vick and Cutler on my team. I need to pick up someone (Bradford, Hill, Fitzpatrick, Garrard, Sanchez, Freeman, Cassel, Gradkowski, Kolb) for week 5. I know Vick and Cutler have the same bye week, I've been trying to trade.

My Team...(non-ppr, 10 player league, start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, K, DEF, 15 man roster)

QB: Vick, Cutler

RB: D. Williams, Wells, BJGE, Lynch, Torain, Greene

WR: A. Johnson, Wayne, Knox, Crabtree

TE: Keller

K: Bryant

DEF: SDC

Leaning towards picking up Bradford, Fitz, Kolb, or Hill...mostly Bradford.

Who to drop is the big question. Obviously I don't need 6 RBs on my roster, but I'm waiting for one or more of these guys to emerge since I'm pretty weak at RB. The other options would be Knox or Crabtree as both of these guys haven't done diddly yet. I'm leaning towards dropping one of the 2 WRs. M. Williams (TBB), D. Woodhead, B. Tate, L. Murphy, K. Britt, D. Bess, D. Branch, D. Hester, D. Henderson, D. Thomas, etc. are all available on the WW while Tolbert, R. Williams, and M. Bush are the only reasonable RBs left.

What QB should I pick up, and who should I drop?

Definitely pick up Bradford. If you held a gun to my head, I would say to drop BJGE... the New England RB carousel is always a nightmare (Woodhead and Morris will get their share of carries). After that, maybe Shonn Greene since LT has a hammer lock on the starting gig there.

If someone picks up whoever you drop, Ricky Williams should be a serviceable replacement... he's been running a lot better than Ronnie.

1.) BJGE would be hard for me to part with...he's the only RB on my roster that has looked like a serviceable RB2, and he is on a very good offensive team that will be able to sustain drives, score, and use him to run out the clock. Tough schedule with a few very nice matchups (3 vs. IND, @DET, @BUF in week 16).

2.) Wells hasn't (yet) gotten enough touches to come off my bench, and he's also on one of the worst teams in the NFL (should be abandoning the run in a lot of contests).

3.) Greene is behind LT on the depth chart, and unless LT gets hurt...I really don't see him doing enough to come off my bench. He also has a tough schedule with only 1 cushy game @DET.

4.) Who knows how Lynch will turn out. SEA O-line is not very good, and I expect him to get 15-20 carries, but maybe he won't with Forsett still there. He does have a very nice schedule vs. rush though.

5.) Torain has a decent schedule and will get enough carries to be relevant with Portis out, and Shanahan is known to pull 1K rushers out of nowhere.

Another thing to keep in mind is that this is for an NFL.com autodraft league. I think a lot of people will not really have a clue about how good some of these players are supposed to be, and take a more what have you done for me lately/ooh look at this guy on the top of the RBs in points on the ww. I'm kind of thinking about dropping both Wells and Greene and picking up Bradford and Tolbert for this week only. I'm betting I can get both of these players back if they don't go off this week.