[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Will this Trade work for me

bigbass

in a 10 team ppr league. I was offered the following trade and wondered if it would be in my best interest. I give up Orton - Hillis - Collie and get Vick - Peterson - H. Ward.

I'm 4-1 and want to make sure I'm not killing myself.

QB's - Orton, Romo, Eli

RB's - Rice, Hillis, Charles, Torain, Tolbert, F. Jackson

WR's - Nicks, White, Gaffney, Collie

TE's - Gates, Moeaki

K- Bryant

D - GB

Start 1QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 K , 1D

Don't take it man, youll be shooting yourself in the foot. Orton's having a record setting season so far, Hillis has proven himself one of the most consistent RB's out there, and Hines hasnt even broke 200 yards yet this season.

i'm actually gonna disagree and say go for it. You have nice depth at QB with Romo and Eli. Getting Vick is a gamble, but if he doesnt work out you still have good options. Orton has been great so far, but I still dont trust him. Broncos started out great last year as well...and Orton is Orton. He chokes when it gets serious.

Ward will probably increase in value now that Big Ben is back, and you'll still have three other solid WR's. You will also be loaded at RB where you probably willl start Rice and AP, and still have Charles, Torain, Tolbert and Jackson as backup. After this trade has gone through, I would be looking to trade Torain or Jackson (or both) for a backup WR.

Not every day you can get a super stud like AP.

Edited by ynot78

I'm gonna go ahead and say that, atleast fantasy football wise, Hillis and AP are even this year. And you don't trust orton, I dont trust Hines. He's like 34 years old and its very common for players to hit a huge slump in their careers at about this age. On the other hand Collie's been having problems with his heel or some crap like that so he's been getting limited time in games and who knows if he'll be getting nearly as many looks with Garcon back. I dunno man it's a tough call

I make this trade in your shoes. You are selling high on three of the biggest overacheivers in the NFL this year. If Vick doesn't come back, you have Romo. Romo = Orton in my eyes. If Vick comes back, you have a top five QB.

Peterson is by far the best player in this deal. I almost always think the owner getting the top player in a deal is the winner. Whoever said Hillis = Peterson is crazy. Hillis is a career backup/fullback. Peterson is a proven fantasy goldmine.

Ward is an upside guy with Roth coming back. Collie is already coming down to earth, injured and Garcon is added to the mix.

Make this deal.