[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Just got Vincent Jackson but paid dearly

Favre4ever

I would not have made this move especially in a keeper league. Vincent Jackson has had one decent season in the NFL and I think he is vastly overrated. There is no way he sits out as long as he has then comes back and has success. I know its just my opionion but, Calvin Johnson is still young and has a ton of talent and upside. Jackson is alot closer to 30 and I think we have seen his best 1000 yards and 9 touchdowns. But, hey if you like him than more power to you.

Calvin would have cost me a 1st round pick so he was not a keeper and now I have Jackson and I'm only out a 13th next year 12th the year after and so on...Honestly when i made the offer i thought VJ was back playing on the 10/31...I have decent backups to take Calvins place but I did get tired of the up and down weeks...Detroit sucks because they will not throw it to him 15 times a game..Well that's one reason they suck! I'm a gambler and will probable be on here next month just bitchin about my stupid move but I;ll be set next year..Marshall 4th,Foster 5th,Ray Rice 6th, VJ 13th and Hernandez in round 20...we can keep whomever but just have to move them up a round each year...I also have Crabtree 10th and Knox 8th ut there both strugglng..THX for the input and good luck..

Looks like a decent move to me. Come playoff time, Megatron and Jackson will probably be equal value. Keep in mind that Philip Rivers >> Matthew Stafford. Megatron can't seem to stay healthy and Jackson's added keeper value will pay dividends for years to come.

Bet you wish you could have gotten him off the WW like me :wacko:

Edited by fantasyfreak

If you would've lost a 1st round pick for Calvin Johnson, and you lose a 13th rounder for Vincent Jackson, I'd say it's a good deal. Look at it this way...if Vincent Jackson doesn't pan out and becomes a bust, you really don't lose anything. But as others have said...maybe you wouldn't have needed to trade for him at all.

Yah I gambled a bit but i figure if he does come back and play in SanDiego he will light it up and score more than Calvin...

dont think the Chargers are in a rush to get him back....Gates and Floyd have been tearing it up for them......Rivers posting big numbers, without VJax....

Calvin Johnson is the main threat (along with Best) for Detroit....I think the earliest VJax can play is the week of 10.31......so, maybe he begins to produce week 12 or 13???