[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

CBS Sportsline

Detfed91

I am looking to hear from some people who are in on CBS Sportsline. I am in a league that we pay for $150 or whatever it is. The commish manually processes all the waivers (wed night) and the free agent pick ups (sunday).

I was curious - in CBS leagues does the commish have to manually process all the transactions? Does CBS not allow you to set it up to be automated? I run my league on ESPN and waivers are automated an free agents and be processed my each team.

Thanks!

I am looking to hear from some people who are in on CBS Sportsline. I am in a league that we pay for $150 or whatever it is. The commish manually processes all the waivers (wed night) and the free agent pick ups (sunday).

I was curious - in CBS leagues does the commish have to manually process all the transactions? Does CBS not allow you to set it up to be automated? I run my league on ESPN and waivers are automated an free agents and be processed my each team.

Thanks!

in my CBS league waivers are processed automatically early wed. morning and again early every morning through Sunday morning. Blind bid

I wouldn't trust a league in which the commissioner manually processes anything. In one of my leagues, the commissioner has veto power on all trades, but none of the other owners have input to accept/deny trades. He's also crooked. One of the owners just filed a grievance against him this morning. He had Santonio Holmes in his lineup at game time, then when Bowe went off a magical substitution occurred. He claims that he made the substitution before the game, but ESPN didn't process it immediately (like we are all idiots, right?)

Bottom line, the database engine doesn't care who you are on Wednesday morning. It processes waiver requests based on your waiver order. There is no real reason I can think of to manually process those claims (unless you pay for FA).

I wouldn't trust a league in which the commissioner manually processes anything. In one of my leagues, the commissioner has veto power on all trades, but none of the other owners have input to accept/deny trades. He's also crooked. One of the owners just filed a grievance against him this morning. He had Santonio Holmes in his lineup at game time, then when Bowe went off a magical substitution occurred. He claims that he made the substitution before the game, but ESPN didn't process it immediately (like we are all idiots, right?)

Bottom line, the database engine doesn't care who you are on Wednesday morning. It processes waiver requests based on your waiver order. There is no real reason I can think of to manually process those claims (unless you pay for FA).

+1 - absolutely.

There's no reason why you can't have CBSSportsline automatically process the waivers early Wed morning. We have our league do that with no intervention from the commish. Works fine and always processes by your waiver order.