[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Have Kolb and Vick and a bye week coming up

bltkmt

I drafted Kolb, and picked up Vick week 1...they are both on my roster currently. Question is what to do next week (8) when the Eagles have a bye? Pick up a 3rd QB and keep both Kolb/Vick on the roster? Drop one of them? I hate the idea of 3QBs on my roster...

Roster and lineup requirements would be needed to give good advice, since It depends entirely on if you have someone else that it wouldn't hurt to drop for a QB, or if you have room for 3 QBs, etc.

But as for Kolb or Vick, it's really a tough question just to know what's going to happen with them. But if one of them are looking like your best options to drop, I'd probably stick with Kolb, just because it was his job to lose before the season, and with the way he's played lately, it likely still could be.

Your only other option is to probably take a loss with no QB, but without knowing who else you might be able to drop, or knowing if you're deep enough elsewhere to hold 3 QBs, then I have no idea what your best option is otherwise.

QB: Kolb and Vick (both on bye that week)

RB: Rice (bye), Ivory, PThomas, Hightower, Starks

WR: RWhite (bye), Boldin (bye), Maclin (bye), RoyWilliams, MWilliams (Sea)

TE: VDavis

K: Scobee

D: Pitt

Thus, for week 8 I need a QB, and another WR. I don't mind dropping Hightower but not many other options if PT is still hurt then.

QB: Kolb and Vick (both on bye that week)

RB: Rice (bye), Ivory, PThomas, Hightower, Starks

WR: RWhite (bye), Boldin (bye), Maclin (bye), RoyWilliams, MWilliams (Sea)

TE: VDavis

K: Scobee

D: Pitt

Thus, for week 8 I need a QB, and another WR. I don't mind dropping Hightower but not many other options if PT is still hurt then.

Who can you pick up as a QB3, and do you think those pickups would be enough for you to win? Also, how bad do you need a win this week?

If you can afford to take a loss, then that is certainly a possibility to just stand pat, rather than having to get rid of depth that could be valuable...

But I'd drop Hightower either way, whether that be for a better RB or bye week QB/WR, and if you need the win and think the QB/WR pickups would be enough to help you do that, then I have to recommend letting Vick go too.

Who knows, he might even still be available to pick back up after your bye week, with all of that uncertainty in Philly right now.

I'm in the same situation as you but can't pick up a third QB. How many teams in your league? If you have twelve or more and everyone else is set at that position, you may be able to put one of them on your waiver wire and have him sneak through to next week, and then pick him back up.

I would let Vick go even IF he does come back from his injury and starts as Reid claims (can you really trust Reid??? he said Kolb was the starter in the beginning then screwed him over) but Vick has a rib injury, so one good hit and BOOM its re injured which is a very likely scenario with the way Vick plays. Good luck please see mine

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?showtopic=337220

I guess one other consideration is who I am playing in Week 8...his team has no bye week issues that week. Thus, even if I drop two players to pick up a QB and WR, there is a good chance I will still lose. Might just stick it out and take the loss.