[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Do I pull the trigger on this trade?

TopGun

Hey guys,

Do I pull the trigger on this trade? My Smith-NYG, P. Garcon, R. Brown for his D. Jackson, L. McCoy, B. Jackson...

My team (non-ppr, 15 man roster, 10 team league, start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, K, DEF)

QB: Vick, Favre

RB: AP, Foster, S. Jackson, R. Brown, R. Torain

WR: Wayne, Smith-NYG, Colston, Royal, Garcon

TE: B. Watson (slim pickings after Finley got hurt)

K: S. Janikowski

DEF: TEN

Some worries...1.)I'm already hurting this week at WR with Royal being hurt. 2.)I'd be missing Garcon vs. wk 8 HOU game which should be a great matchup (Smith and D. Jax cancel out since both on bye. 3.) I have no use for McCoy unless I'm able to trade him...harder than pulling teeth in this league where nobody even rejects their trade offers...they just let them sit there for weeks. (of course I'd still try) 4.)I don't know when D. Jax coming back from concussion...could really be hurting if he doesn't come back after his bye week. 5.) Garcon could blow up like Collie earlier while I would just have D. Jax recovering on my bench.

So, what do we think guys? Pull the trigger or pass...and why? I'm also trying to get him to throw in a WR instead of B. Jackson who I would just drop anyway...not likely though.

Thanks,

-TG

Why would you? Clark(out), Collie(out) and Addai(out) who gets double coverage??? Wayne leaving Garcon 1 on 1 and more targets then he has ever seen I don't care who they bring in a name can't replace those guys. Manning loves him thinks he has so much potential and that's more important then anyone else is what Manning thinks.

Who knows how long D Jax will be out and if Vick comes back that will hurt McCoy in a PPR bc instead of dumping off Vick scrambles

Not to mention Steve Smith is probably top 5 best possesion WR in football as far as solid goes.

I'm not in love with Smith, he's good but nothing too special. Garcon stands to benefit greatly from all the injuries in Indy. Desean Jackson will eventually come back from injury but I'm not sure you have the WR depth to cushion that wait, especially with Royal dinged up and both Royal and Colston having bye weeks coming up. McCoy is awfully tempting but you don't need him. You have plenty of RB depth, even for bye weeks. All told, you can't afford to sacrifice WR depth for a good, but injured, star WR and a very good RB that you don't need in the first place.

Edited by Tripleshot

Maybe I'll wait to do the trade until Smith's bye week is over and Pierre goes off...D. Jax should be close to ready by then too. Hopefully I would be able to trade McCoy and S. Jackson for a 3rd stud WR and a Stud TE at that point. How does that sound?

Edited by TopGun

Hey guys,

Do I pull the trigger on this trade? My Smith-NYG, P. Garcon, R. Brown for his D. Jackson, L. McCoy, B. Jackson...

My team (non-ppr, 15 man roster, 10 team league, start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, K, DEF)

QB: Vick, Favre

RB: AP, Foster, S. Jackson, R. Brown, R. Torain

WR: Wayne, Smith-NYG, Colston, Royal, Garcon

TE: B. Watson (slim pickings after Finley got hurt)

K: S. Janikowski

DEF: TEN

Some worries...1.)I'm already hurting this week at WR with Royal being hurt. 2.)I'd be missing Garcon vs. wk 8 HOU game which should be a great matchup (Smith and D. Jax cancel out since both on bye. 3.) I have no use for McCoy unless I'm able to trade him...harder than pulling teeth in this league where nobody even rejects their trade offers...they just let them sit there for weeks. (of course I'd still try) 4.)I don't know when D. Jax coming back from concussion...could really be hurting if he doesn't come back after his bye week. 5.) Garcon could blow up like Collie earlier while I would just have D. Jax recovering on my bench.

So, what do we think guys? Pull the trigger or pass...and why? I'm also trying to get him to throw in a WR instead of B. Jackson who I would just drop anyway...not likely though.

Thanks,

-TG

Maybe I'll wait to do the trade until Smith's bye week is over and Pierre goes off...D. Jax should be close to ready by then too. Hopefully I would be able to trade McCoy and S. Jackson for a 3rd stud WR and a Stud TE at that point. How does that sound?

So it sounds to me like you are going to make this trade where you get McCoy in hopes of trading him in the future, when you stated that this league doesn't trade. Sounds like a risky proposition. Couldn't you just trade one of your RBs straight up for an upgrade at WR? Maybe package Colston and one of your RBs for an upgrade at WR (if anyone will take Colston!) Either way, with a 10 team league and only fifteen roster spots, there needs to be some plug-in WRs on the waiver wire that you could get!

Ya, it would be a risky move...but worst case scenario I'd still have Wayne, Colston, D. Jackson, and Royal on my roster + 1 misc. WR from WW after dumping B. Jackson. That's if I can't trade off S. Jackson or McCoy.

So...

1.)Wayne, Colston, D. Jackson, Royal + 1 misc. WR from WW

vs.

2.) Wayne, Colston, Smith-NYG, Royal, Garcon

With #1, it's a risk sure, but if that risk pans out...I turn McCoy into a stud WR to team with Wayne and D. Jackson...but do have to worry about when D. Jax coming back.

With #2, it plays a lot smoother with bye weeks, but with just decent/mediocre WRs instead of chance for uber-WRs...and don't have to worry about when D. Jax coming back.