[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Gimpy Gates

slimshady31

Fellow Huddlers,

Gates is all world and a gamer, but any Chargers homers out there think he'll suit up just as a decoy vs. NE tomorrow? I picked up Heath Miller in case Gates sits but worst of all would be that Gates ends up playing but is only used to draw coverage. I know you start him if he ends up playing, but just wondering how effective he will be playing injured. Miller Time is a decent fill in and with Big Ben back he's got a chance for ok yardage and possible score. Any other Gates owners out there planning to risk sitting him? I have him in but in my lineup expecting him to game up, but nervous that he wont catch more than a couple balls (unless they are touchdowns :wacko: )

Gimpy Gates vs. NEP

or

Miller Time vs. MIA

Fellow Huddlers,

Gates is all world and a gamer, but any Chargers homers out there think he'll suit up just as a decoy vs. NE tomorrow? I picked up Heath Miller in case Gates sits but worst of all would be that Gates ends up playing but is only used to draw coverage. I know you start him if he ends up playing, but just wondering how effective he will be playing injured. Miller Time is a decent fill in and with Big Ben back he's got a chance for ok yardage and possible score. Any other Gates owners out there planning to risk sitting him? I have him in but in my lineup expecting him to game up, but nervous that he wont catch more than a couple balls (unless they are touchdowns :wacko: )

Gimpy Gates vs. NEP

or

Miller Time vs. MIA

I'd use my theory of need/want for this one. If you look at your matchup and "need" a bunch of points to win, you'd have to go with Gates and hope he plays and plays well. If you are favored in your matchup anyway, and just don't want to take the zero you might get with Gates suddenly not playing, go with Miller and a "sure" 4 or 5 points.

I like the advise above but remember that both Wr's are out for SD, so gimpy or not I think he gets looks for sure. If nothing else to keep NE honest. Toe injuries suck it all depends on the cuts to get open and we have no way of getting in gates head.

I would go with Miller here all being said I think that is a great solid backup although I may be biased.

Fellow Huddlers,

Gimpy Gates vs. NEP

or

Miller Time vs. MIA

I have the exact same situation going on for both my leagues. I also picked up Miller in both. I am starting Miller and taking the risk because at best, I think both TE's will get the same amount of points today. I totally agree with your thoughts on Gates for todays game and will also add that Randy McMichael and Sproles will probably be used to compensate for the lack of depth that SD has at receiver today.

When the Jets played Miami earlier this season, Dustin Keller was 6-98-2TDs. Roethlisberger will throw to Miller today as he always does (78 completions to Miller last season) and should find the endzone against Miami.

Fingers crossed.

Just to make myself feel better, here are more TE stats against Miami this season

Week 1 - @ Buf - does Buffalo even have a TE? LOL

Week 2 - @ Min - Shiancoe 6-86-0TDs

Week 3 - vs NYJ - Keller 6-98-2TDs

Week 4 - vs NE - Hernandez 5 -29 (This game was a turnover nightmare for Miami. NE Def/ST combined for 3 TDs)

Week 5 - BYE WEEK

Week 6 - @ GB - GB did not have Finley for the first time this season, but Jennings had 6-133-TD

Edited by Phazool