[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Romo injured...what now?

jbran23

Well, might as well get right to it here. Im 6-1 and in first place but Romo was my only QB on my roster.

Here are my options:

Waiver Wire-Fitzpatrick, Stafford, Cassel

or

Make a trade. One guy in my league has Roethlisberger on the block because he has Peyton Manning too.

I have a very deep team and definitely have enough chips to bargain with in making a deal but do I need to? Or do you think I can still win my league with one of the waiver wire pickups in my starting QB slot? Also, I have #2 waiver priority so I will be basically garunteed to be able to pick up any of those guys.

HELP!

Fitzpatrick is an alright choice if you can't make a trade, I'd consider going for Sam Bradford as he's put up numbers this year and you can still get him for fairly cheap, the only problem is the other guy knows you need a QB so you might have to overpay.

Anyone else have some advice? I would have to give up a heck of alot but I might be able to even pry Manning from him since he has Roethlisberger to fall back on. Would probably cost me too much though.

What about Fitzpatrick? He is yet to have a bad fantasy game since becoming the starter and is just coming off lighting up the Ravens. Can he continue playing this well or are his numbers just a bubble thats about to burst?

Well, might as well get right to it here. Im 6-1 and in first place but Romo was my only QB on my roster.

Here are my options:

Waiver Wire-Fitzpatrick, Stafford, Cassel

or

Make a trade. One guy in my league has Roethlisberger on the block because he has Peyton Manning too.

I have a very deep team and definitely have enough chips to bargain with in making a deal but do I need to? Or do you think I can still win my league with one of the waiver wire pickups in my starting QB slot? Also, I have #2 waiver priority so I will be basically garunteed to be able to pick up any of those guys.

HELP!

WW _ Fitz.

I would try to pick up both if possible? have stafford and fitzpatrick and go according to matchups if you have the space.. Making a trade for a qb when you desperately need one will probably cost you alot.. maybe pick one of them up and then try to trade for Ben

So do you guys think Fitzpatrick is the play here and not Stafford? Both should be in similar situations with shaky D's and most of the time trailing games and being forced to throw alot which is good but Im just not sold on Fitz. I dont know why because he has had 4 straight solid weeks but I just feel like he cant keep that up.

Not to high on Stafford, seems to have had a some problems staying healthy. I do like Fitz, and am looking to pick him up myself in one of my leagues. He's had some good numbers in garbage time they say, and he torched the Ravens not in garbage time. He's also sporting one of the higher QB ratings!! I think he's for real and I'm sure he will be airing out the ball to play catch up in most games.

I would definately not do the Gore trade, that's crazy! I feel that Stafford is the better QB out of the 3 you listed. I think Fitz is not gonna stay consistant with his play. Stafford has decent weapons and I think he is gonna come back strong.

I guess since we are talking about these other guys I should throw Kitnas name in the mix as well. He has the most weapons at his disposal of the guys available. Is he an option? Im totally lost on which way to go here!!!! Ugh! :wacko:

Grab Stafford NOW....He was better than Hill at the start of the season and look what Hill did. That is a no brainer at thi spoint. Fitz is a reasonable second option, but weather and schedule may slow him down a bit.

cmp...

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?showtopic=338206

Edited by The Ball Basher

I have almost that same exact situation. 6-1, I have Cutler instead of Romo. Looking at Kitna, Cassel, Stafford for bye week fill in or permanent backup. Other owner has Roethlisberger/Manning (and also attempted to get me to make a lopsided trade - AJ for Big Ben; I countered with AJ for Manning).

Stafford hasn't proven he could stay healthy so I'd stay away for at least one week. I like Bradford a lot and STL throws for a lot of TDs. Cassel and Kitna are good plays for this week, but not a long term fix.

I'd roll with Bradford.

I have almost that same exact situation. 6-1, I have Cutler instead of Romo. Looking at Kitna, Cassel, Stafford for bye week fill in or permanent backup. Other owner has Roethlisberger/Manning (and also attempted to get me to make a lopsided trade - AJ for Big Ben; I countered with AJ for Manning).

Stafford hasn't proven he could stay healthy so I'd stay away for at least one week. I like Bradford a lot and STL throws for a lot of TDs. Cassel and Kitna are good plays for this week, but not a long term fix.

I'd roll with Bradford.

I have to disagree a bit...what does it hurt to grab a guy with a potent offense even if he has not proven he can stay healthy? If he gets hurt grab Bradford or Freeman then...I am pretty certain they will still be there. Stafford likely will not. I would actually grab Stafford and also try to get Fitz as well just in case.

I like Stafford after the long recovery period. Word has it he's heaving 70-yarders in practice easily. He has two tough games coming up, Wash and NY Jets, but they are both at home. And Washington has actually given up the most passing yards in the NFL... by far.....

Then Detroit at Buffalo in Week 10. At Dallas in Week 11.

Kitna might be my first choice but if he's not available go Stafford all the way.

I like Stafford after the long recovery period. Word has it he's heaving 70-yarders in practice easily. He has two tough games coming up, Wash and NY Jets, but they are both at home. And Washington has actually given up the most passing yards in the NFL... by far.....

Then Detroit at Buffalo in Week 10. At Dallas in Week 11.

Kitna might be my first choice but if he's not available go Stafford all the way.

Thanks Jumbo!

So out of these guys you like Kitna the best and then Stafford, and both of them more than Fitzpatrick the rest of the way?

Edited by jbran23