[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

John Carlson or Shawn Nelson

Mountie

No, I wouldn't pick Nelson until he shows something. 2 for 16 and a fumble shouldn't really be enough for him to be on your radar.

Though I do like Nelson's potential, and have him on my bench as a TE3 in a 16-team dynasty league with 20 man rosters (should show you how shallow the pool is), and I still don't plan to use him this year; I hope I can, but am not holding my breath.

I don't know what to do about Carlson, but be careful plucking potential rising stars a year early. It really bit me in the butt with Dustin Keller last year, so let's see if Nelson can do any better first.

I'd keep Carlson myself, but I am intrigued by Quarless. I might just be chasing Finley's points here, but Lee ain't gonna stretch the field and if Quarless "gets it" sooner rather than later he could mix in some big gainers down the seam with red-zone looks. He made a hell of a catch Sunday for his TD, even though he was actually out of bounds. It's just the whole rookie thing that might hold him back from a bigger role right now.