[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

QB pickup to hurt my opponents...

osu1322

With the recent slew of QB's gettin injuried I started looking at other teams in my leauge and thought a couple people are going to have to pick up a QB for bye weeks or have someone as a back up.... I currently have Payton Manning as my #1 Qb and Matt Cassel as my back up so this pick up would be to take away a quality QB from my competition.

Here r the Qb's currently on the WW in my leauge I'm able to pick one of them up due to an open slot on my bench from a trade.

Sam Bradford- He's put up decent fantesy numbers but nothing spectacular.

Brett Farve- He was recently dropped by someone else due to his fractured foot and regardless of iif he plays I don't know if he'll put up the great number we've come to expect of him....

Kerry Collins- with Young out for now he's going to get the start and will have the chance of stealing the show from Young...

Matthew Staford- he's coming off an injury but what little I've seen of him was good might be worth a pick up.

Troy Smith- I'm an OSU fan as is most of the leauge so I'm just mentioning him as a possible sleeper although I don't expect him to come out and put up amazing numbers.

I'm not a fan of this strategy, though I suppose it is a viable one... I just don't think it's right to pick up a player that you definitely don't need, just to stick it to someone else.. Is it THAT wrong, no, but I only make pickups for the same reason I make trades; to improve my team, not to hurt others' chances...

That said, I think Stafford is most worthy of a pickup, with the numbers that Hill and Stanton have put up in his absence, and Calvin is finally getting a chance to get open (not too mention I'm a huge homer fan of the guy. He's been a #1 prospect since high-school.).

But like I said, I wouldn't do this unless you just have dead-weight that you might as well get rid of anyway; Because if you use up your roster spots just trying to cock-block, you might find that you don't have enough depth at other positions when you need it.

I'm not dropping anyone... I created a open bench slot due to a 2 for 1 trade and the only people on the WW that looked halfway decent were QB's. Everyone else on the WW is hurt or not worth a waiver IMO.

This stradigy isn't I'm going to screw over so and so but I noticed at least 2 guys in the hunt for the playoffs that have 1 QB who hasn't had a bye yet... it's as if they aren't thinking about what they will do in a week or 2 when their QB is on the bench...

Thannks for the input guys I think I'll pick up Stafford.

I would pick up Stafford as well. Naturally you wouldn't bench Manning to start him but he is a nice fall back option should (Heaven forbid!) something happen to Manning; Stafford has some nice match ups coming up.

Absolutely a good strategy! If the other owners dont have the foresight to prepare for the bye weeks then they deserve to pick from the crumbs. This also puts you in a very good position to deal one of these guys to a team needing a QB. I recently had same situation in my league only with TE. I'm in 1st place and the team right behind me in my division has only 1 TE, M. Lewis. His bye is week 9 and there were 2 decent TE's on the WW. I picked up both this week to put this team in a pinch next week bc I play them. Nothing wrong with this. If you can create a void in someone lineup then its just good management on your part. Definitely go with Stafford. I think he provides more upside than Cassell

Edited by bigbass

Honestly I drafted Cassel for Manning's bye week (which is now behind us thank god) and he was up against a weak pass D. He put up solid number and help me win last week.

I grabbed Stafford. I starting to think he has the most potential to come out of no where with some big games and put up a lot of fantesy points...