[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Really interesting article about parallels between 1994 and 2010 elections

MojoMan

ehh . . some good points from a historical perspective. I dont think that the opinion projecting is accurate, as my distaste for op-eds are well documented. However this op-ed "seems" to be looking at both parties and hoping for compromise, something I can agree with.

Back then the economy wasnt in shambles as it is now, which puts even more pressure on gubment leaders to actually DO something versus just trying to block the opposition, and those in power just doing whatever they feel like without repurcussions or the need to ask the minority.

People want action, not midless platitudes and campaign slogans. Plans are worthwhile, not stupid comments like McConnell who said the NUMBER ONE PRIORITY was making Obama a 1 term president.

I am very very glad the Republicans won as many seast as they did, as the pendulum swung too far left as a reaction to GWB. Now that it is more in the middle, hopefully the right and left might actually learn the meaning of compromise again.

But I aint holding my breath. :wacko: