[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Schaub or Freeman this week?

Double D

We all know that Schaub is inconsistent this year and now he faces a D that is strong against the pass. I have not watched a SD game this year. Are they that tough on opposing QB's? or should I play Freeman vs Falcons D that is poor vs the pass?

man i dont buy it. I also have Schaub and am sticking with him even though everyone is saying to sit him. SD has not really played anyone other than the last 2 games for NE and Tenn and Tenn passed for over 300. In Schaubs case you have to root for Rivers to pass all day and light up the scoreboard so that Schaub stas passing because if Houston by any chance is leading the game which i dont think they will be they will run all day. He is a risk but I am looking at this game like the game that Carson Palmer had the other day at Atlanta. Good Luck

I'm a Charger season ticket holder and Shaub owner and am playing him this week. Their D is highly rated but look at the QB's they played against. Other than Brady, Shaub will be the best QB they have faced.

Last week against the Titans their QB's had all day to throw but missed a lot of passed down the field. Hou line is not as strong as the Titans but not sure how much difference that will make. I think if AJ is a go then start Shaub.

my qb situation isnt great . i made the mistake of dropping freeman in like week 5. i would be starting him just about every week. the guy is doing it week in and out. and now has a running game to keep the D's honest. cant argue with results.

I have Schaub and I picked up Freeman,I would have played Freeman but I was able to swindle a trade for P,Rivers for Freeman,ced benson and s,holmes ,I kept schaub and cant wait to play him in wk 10 against jax

This is a good problem to have. I look at it this way: if you are fairly confident you can win this week, choose Freeman for the steady points. He has lower upside, but he regularly produces safe points.

However, if you think you will need some serious QB points to pull out a victory against an evenly matched or possibly superior opponent, choose Schaub. He is more likely to reward you with the kind of points that can single-handedly turn a game in your favor. As far as the defense of the Chargers: they are near the top in sacks, but ho-hum in picks. Schaub shouldn't kill you with the INTs, and the last four weeks the Chargers have looked a bit vulnerable on defense: they give up a lot of yardage between the 20s, and oppoents have averaged almost 26 PPG against them in the past month.

Edited by historymike

have you checked out the "Team Position Defensive Ranks" under stats box above? it shows sd as #3 hardest def on qb's fantasy points wise and for Freeman Atl is # 23, 32 being the best def you can throw against wich would be hou.the only thing going for schaub is he will have to pass alot to win

Edited by futfan37