[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Whitesmoke Virus

keggerz

Check that one, leave the other two unchecked.

You need to download these on another machine, copy to flash drive or cd, then boot your other machine into safe WITH NETWORKING, run in this order:

Disable system restore

CCleaner, remove all temp files http://download.cnet.com/ccleaner/

Copy to desktop, run Combo fix, let it update and do whatever it suggests: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofix

Malwarebytes, update, then full scan

Where are you now?

Disabled system restore

Ran CCLeaner

D/L Combo Fix to thumb drive and put on desktop...entered Safe Mode WITH Networking and ran Combo Fix...it needed to update so I had to leave safe mode to do the update...went back to Safe Mode with Networking and ran Combo FIx...once it was all done it brought up a log file...that was it so I exited it and moved to next step.

Now doing a Full Scan with Malwarebytes.

Once that is done what did you mean by UPDATE (update what Malwarebytes?), THEN FULL SCAN(Walwarebytes again?...with MS Securtiy whatever it is or what?)

What do you think 'safe mode with networking' means? :wacko:

By update, I meant after you do that, how is the system?

I was logged in to "safe mode with networking" but it said there was no connection (paraphrased), could wireless have been the issue?

Update: Looks good...so far no more re-directing, knock on wood...the other thing is that the 1st time I did a

full scan with malwarebytes it took a bit over 5 hours...the last scan took about 90 minutes.

thanks for the help

EDIT: and fwiw, I set both FF and IE to auto detect for Proxy

Edited by keggerz