[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Draft Reflections

osu1322

I'm looking back at the team I drafted and I'm really starting to wonder how I ended up in the playoffs....

Out of my 16 draft picks

5 were worth where I drafted them

1 gem in the late rounds

3 that were hit or miss week to week

7 players that were complete busts (granted this Included V Jax who was a long shot.... )

As I'm looking back I made some terrible choices and either found replacements on the WW or traded for them.... I think this year doing well in a FF leauge was more about management than drafting a good team. I have several WW pick ups that I picked up early in the season that started for me all year... With all the injuries around the leauge it was hard to stick with just who u drafted....

Several big names had bad years.. CJ, and AP were debateable #1 and #2 draft picks and haven't put up the great numbers of the pass couple years. Granted they still produced but not the "this guy won me that game almost every week" sort of way.

Do u think this will be a trend into next year or will we see a more consistant season next year???

Looking back at ur draft how did ur picks pan out??

I feel you.

My draft choices, in an 8 team league went like this (I had the 8th pick).

1. AJ

2. R. Moss

3. D. Williams.

4. Greene

While AJ has been doing good lately he wasn't at the begining and got hurt, and the other 3 have been attrocious. Somehow I scored the most points in the league!

My two saviours were Rivers and Foster, got foster late and well every one knows how he did.

The way the draft went all of the QB's went in like one round, and the guy before me had a choice of either Rivers or Romo, as Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Manning and Schaub had all been taken. He chose Romo and wow was I lucky he did!

My other wr Colston didn't do much at the begining but has been turnig it on lately.

Witten my TE wasn't doing so good but saved me last week in the playoffs so I can't complain!

I picked up akers in like week 8, right after their bye what ever week that was and he has been gold!! He scores like 10-15 points every week which is huge for a kicker.

trend.

consistency used to be really difficult to predict, but now it's an anomaly and if you get consistent production from a guy, consider it lucky. WRs rely too much on QBs, QBs rely too much on OL, RBs rely too much on getting a lead and then there's the dreaded RBBC that even top RBs have to deal with.

If you can identify a consistently producing player, I'd over pay for him in a trade.

This. Every year that goes along, I realize how much and more I don't know. I don't know why, but it seems to get harder and harder to predict.