[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

New Android Apps

delusions of grandeur

I know there was a thread on this a while back, but with things changing so rapidly (and as per MrTed's request), I thought it was worth seeing what's new and what's stood the test of time. Here are the ones I really dig:

1) Dolphin Browser - was getting frustrated when jumping between sites, and having the browser lose where I am. No more with tabs, and if you swipe to your left, easy access to your bookmarks.

2) Agenda widget- works with google calenders of my choosing, with an agenda widget on your page.

3) TuneIn Radio- a huge selection of radio stations from all over the place. Plays in the background, unlike some other media apps. Love this for listening to my local sports talk guys.

4) Jog Tracker- A great tool to track and set goals for running/walking, using google maps.

5) Wordfeud- like the iPhone game, great for Scrabble addicts. No time limit, so you play the game at your convenience.

6) Weatherbug Elite ($)- Shows the current temp on your top bar, and has a really cool live radar widget

And these are just the ones I recommend for everyone. I've found most of my apps by saying, I wish this phone could.... Usually, there's something for whatever you're looking to do with it... Anyone else got any cool ones?

I thought about posting this last week but didn't want to bind up the forums with the subject. :wacko: But yeah, this isn't about an app but my droid (I have the original Droid) started to run low on battery, I assumed it was the programs I had running. Well I closed everything, turned down my screen brightness, turned off roaming etc etc etc. I had the bare minimum and I was charging my phone 3-4x's per day. So I stopped at a Verizon store and explained. "Battery is gone sir" explained this extremely nerdy sales rep. "Ok, well I guess I should buy a new one?" I asked. :tup: He then begins to hush me over to a quite part of the store and tells me "I'm not really suppose to do this" and suggests I buy the Droid/Droid2 battery instead of the original Droid battery. Same price? Yes...same price but the Droid2 battery is upgraded to sustain longer life and larger battery sucking apps. Result? It's almost a brand new phone. I highly suggest upgrading your battery.