[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What Do You Think

SEC=UGA

Found out today that the district I teach in, the one that has some of the best test scores, largest middle school and lowest mil rate int he state, will have to cut 4 million in one year. the district has cut 3.5 over the last 3 years already... this looks bad for the schools of sconny. The smaller districts will get crushed. no electives, no help for the poor and challenged... not good

What district? 4 million sounds like a lot?? What is the total budget? It is hard to tell how big 4 mil is without knowing the total spend?

What are the thoughts on how to cover this 4 mil?

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What district? 4 million sounds like a lot?? What is the total budget? It is hard to tell how big 4 mil is without knowing the total spend?

What are the thoughts on how to cover this 4 mil?

Hudson is the district. we have been running the lowest mil rate in the state for years and will be hit the hardest because of it.

As for cuts, I am not the school board but i have a feeling that it will be on the teaching side of things. They have also hinted at AP and music and sports