[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Oil spill brought toxic rain to gulf states

peepinmofo

this should have made a bigger splash in the news...

Of course. So should all the sun activity that is causing the earthquakes, but the only people that know any REAL news are people like me and you that just wear tinfoil hats and are all whacky in the head.

As much as I'd love to hammer the administration on this one.... I'd like to see exactly what chemicals they found that were different from chemicals that are usually found in that area which is dotted by wells, refineries, and oil/gas storage depots.

One of my college professors did some extensive studies in the 80's and 90's with regard to toxic precipitation in Louisiana and through sampling said precipitation found high levels of petro chemicals and other contaminants. If these are still the conditions that affect precipitation in the region, which I'm fairly certain that they are, I would have a hard time attributing the full load of these contaminants to the oil spill, though, I'm certain that it did have some impact.

As much as I'd love to hammer the administration on this one.... I'd like to see exactly what chemicals they found that were different from chemicals that are usually found in that area which is dotted by wells, refineries, and oil/gas storage depots.

One of my college professors did some extensive studies in the 80's and 90's with regard to toxic precipitation in Louisiana and through sampling said precipitation found high levels of petro chemicals and other contaminants. If these are still the conditions that affect precipitation in the region, which I'm fairly certain that they are, I would have a hard time attributing the full load of these contaminants to the oil spill, though, I'm certain that it did have some impact.

Well, even if it is SOME, we were always told there was no environmental impacts, and that the chemicals used were safe. Right... Sick people, dead animals, toxic rain... Safe my ass...