[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

China to dump 2/3 of their US Treasuries?

Avernus

Let's say China is waging an economic war against us, which I don't necessarily doubt...what happens when we can't afford to import billions of dollars worth of their crap anymore? Doesn't that have a devastating effect on their economy as well?

Let's say China is waging an economic war against us, which I don't necessarily doubt...what happens when we can't afford to import billions of dollars worth of their crap anymore? Doesn't that have a devastating effect on their economy as well?

that's a great point and that is why they were buying up treasuries in the first place and also why their Government has been encouraging their people to buy up as much silver and gold as they can in the past year or so - this way they can ditch us by doubling their money supply when they push for a gold or silver backed currency.

disclaimer for the trolls: I do not encourage a monetary system backed by a commodity, but this is what China is pushing for. If their people buy up enough gold or silver, they could double their money supply or better and thus not need to deal with us anymore as they are more than obviously sick of our shenanigans.

I also believe we could have a Fiat system as we currently do and make it work as long as it isn't so easy to manipulate as the current system is....and backing it by gold would only limit it even if they break it down per gram instead of by the oz.....and silver is way to scarce in the longterm to back anything....that wouldn't last more than 10-15 years imo which is much shorter than our trendline of monetary systems which averages around 30-35 years per system (the current one has lasted 40 years)...

so yeah, from what I've seen and read it appears that China has been putting themselves in position to ditch us for some time even though they were still buying up bonds to keep our economy afloat and theirs in a middle class range as it currently stands....