[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

AJ Green or Julio Jones who ya got?

rattsass

Pfffftttttt......

I'd put it on the block and see if one of the guys at 2 or three wanted to pay to move up. Draft who's left, get a great player and pick up some extra capital for your team.

+1 good advice.

Let's see, the Falcons gave up their first-round pick (27), a second-rounder (59) and a fourth rounder (124) this year. They also gave up a first-rounder and a fourth-rounder next year. :wacko::tup::lol:

I'm not slamming Jones, but this is a hell of a lot to give up for any rookie, especially a receiver.

:rofl:

:rofl:

Yeah the Falcons really stepped up there. I'm nost so sure that Jones will be available with that 2nd pick in some dynasty drafts now. I may have to "settle" for Green. As far as trading out of that pick? Sure if someone gave me a Falcons like deal, but my leaguemates generally arent that charitable. No way I pass on this pick. WRs are the new RBs.

Yeah I think the Browns made the best move of the draft by accepting that trade. The Browns went DT, DE and then finally picked a WR in the late second rd. They knew the people they were looking at were going to be there and was happy to pick up several picks.

I'm also a little happy the Browns didn't get Jomes cause I have this feeling he's the next Braylon Edwards...

If by some twist of fate AJ Green was stil on the board when pick 6 came around I'd have been all for the Browns getting him but no one expected him to be there.

Yeah I think the Browns made the best move of the draft by accepting that trade. The Browns went DT, DE and then finally picked a WR in the late second rd. They knew the people they were looking at were going to be there and was happy to pick up several picks.

I'm also a little happy the Browns didn't get Jomes cause I have this feeling he's the next Braylon Edwards...

If by some twist of fate AJ Green was stil on the board when pick 6 came around I'd have been all for the Browns getting him but no one expected him to be there.

No way he is the next Braylon Edwards. Jones is a good kid, I think he is rock solid. They will work on his hands and he will be a star. Maybe not a mega-star, but I see the downside as minimal. P,S. I never bought into Edwards. They are two different cats despite the similar "hands" problems.

No way he is the next Braylon Edwards. Jones is a good kid, I think he is rock solid. They will work on his hands and he will be a star. Maybe not a mega-star, but I see the downside as minimal. P,S. I never bought into Edwards. They are two different cats despite the similar "hands" problems.

There are a few things that should be noted about the criticisms about Julio's hands:

1) Many of Jones' drops were due to a lack of concentration, looking up-field prior to securing the ball. A quote from Julio, "“I play very hard. If I drop a ball, I drop a ball. But I had to teach myself to slow down. Play fast, but don’t hurry. I usually would just take my eyes off the ball while I was trying to make a play.”

2)They're comparing him to AJ Green, whose hands are one of his biggest assets, and can make nearly anyone's hands look "average".

3)The guy came from Saban-coached Alabama... Yes, we all know how Saban has earned his reputation by developing QBs and WRs to their full potential :wacko:, but Saban did take the time to really praise the kid, something he's not known to do for alot of his players.

My UGA bias still precludes me from saying that I think he's as good as AJ, but there is no buyer's remorse from the Falcons community (other than how much they had to pay). He's physical, a great blocker, and brings the explosiveness that the Falcons' offense has been severely lacking... Trying to contain both him and Roddy is going to be a nightmare for defenses.