[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Riding Lawn Mower

nuke'em ttg

I'm gettin serious about gettin one, drove by Lowes, John Deere 3600.00 Troy-Bilt 999.00......my kid got on craigs list and found'm from 300.00-600.00.

Would ya buy new or used

i don't want a bagger just cut it

appreciate any advice, it was the one thing my Dad always regretted not treatin himself to and my son burns it so that leaves me and my free time isn't chit and that push pos for me and Ma's house is pissin me off

greasyass :wacko:

Chavez is to busy too

Had a spare 1/2 hour so i checked 2 places, one guy knew alot...big difference in quality from 900 ta 1200. i wanted ta keep it under 1000, but i just can't make myself by a used one, looked at troy bilt and 2 off brands of cub cadet.

What brands are ya ridin and like? i've got zero free time and wanna move fast on this plus the friggin grass needs it :wacko:

Had a spare 1/2 hour so i checked 2 places, one guy knew alot...big difference in quality from 900 ta 1200. i wanted ta keep it under 1000, but i just can't make myself by a used one, looked at troy bilt and 2 off brands of cub cadet.

What brands are ya ridin and like? i've got zero free time and wanna move fast on this plus the friggin grass needs it :wacko:

I had a cub cadet, hated it, it ran, but the body of the thing started to fall apart. Headlights fell out, the flimsy metal for the front hood rattled like hell, etc...

The one I really liked wasn't fancy, this Snapper. Don't know if they're worth a sh1t anymore, but the one we had when I was growing up lasted for 12 years and was still running fine when we got a bigger one.

Can't get more for the money than a Simplicity. If you have the money, buy green. Don't buy a Craftsman. And the John Deere's they sell at Lowe's or the Depot usually aren't the good ones, go to a John Deere dealer to get informed. And then you can always go online and try to find the model you want used with low hours, you should be able to get a good deal.

I had a cub cadet, hated it, it ran, but the body of the thing started to fall apart. Headlights fell out, the flimsy metal for the front hood rattled like hell, etc...

The one I really liked wasn't fancy, this Snapper. Don't know if they're worth a sh1t anymore, but the one we had when I was growing up lasted for 12 years and was still running fine when we got a bigger one.

Ya alot of reviews say some riders are flimsey construction,loud.....i laughed at that snapper(mower) yesterday it was 1400&1900, but maybe if i'm spendin 1200 i can rethink that ghey thing. guess the wheels on the deck are a big no scalpin thing and axels go from hollow ta solid as ya move up, thanks for da post :wacko:

Can't get more for the money than a Simplicity. If you have the money, buy green. Don't buy a Craftsman. And the John Deere's they sell at Lowe's or the Depot usually aren't the good ones, go to a John Deere dealer to get informed. And then you can always go online and try to find the model you want used with low hours, you should be able to get a good deal.

http://www.simplicitymfg.com/products/riding-mowers/coronet/

too rich for my blood, but yer right if i do my homework i can find a deal, but i hate homework and traded LT for bob sanders :wacko:

You can give me a hand job later...

2002 John Deere sabre1642

$900 US

Equipment Type: Riding Lawn Equipment, Transmission Type: Hydro

Last updated Thu, 19 May 2011

BUILDERS SHARPENING & SERVICE

CHEROKEE, IA, USA

(712) 225-3224

http://www.machinefinder.com/ww/en-US/mf/search_all_post

You can give me a hand job later...

2002 John Deere sabre1642

$900 US

Equipment Type: Riding Lawn Equipment, Transmission Type: Hydro

Last updated Thu, 19 May 2011

BUILDERS SHARPENING & SERVICE

CHEROKEE, IA, USA

(712) 225-3224

http://www.machinefinder.com/ww/en-US/mf/search_all_post

:wacko:

just talked ta Mitch, it just has a small crack in the hood but good ta go...Roadtrip, thanks SEC

:wacko:

just talked ta Mitch, it just has a small crack in the hood but good ta go...Roadtrip, thanks SEC

Be sure to check a few things...

The spindles that attach to the blades, ask him if they've done any work on them. Make sure that they don't look beat up.

Check the blades for deep gouges, this would indicate they were running over trees and rocks and crap, not good for blades or spindles.

Check all of the pulleys and pulley cables. Pulleys shouldn't wobble and cables should be clean, not frayed or cracked.

Ride it around before you buy, 5/10 minutes. Engage and disengage the blade.

Check tires for plugs, can be a sign the thing was rode hard.

Look under the carriage where the blades are, if there is any scratching or denting it will still be apparent under there where it may not be apparent from the outside.

Look at hoses in the engine and see if there is any wear on them. Check to see if fuel filter is clean. Check oil level and clarity.

Check the hours on the mower to make sure it isn't too worn.

I checked 2 more places then got a phone call from a guy that want's ta sue me for 10K :tup: the guy is nuts, then i checked a basement and the lady asked me if 24 hours was 3 days :lol: i bought a new wheel for the push and called it a day :wacko: crazy chit man

Oh Ya. then my battery died bigtime in my truck and i had ta walk for a new one and the guys said they couldn't leave the builing so i had ta walk brack and put it in, it was raining, thunder, lighting, sometimes ya just gotta laugh, what a day

Edited by nuke'em ttg