[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Automobil Part Needed

Footballjoe

2000 Ford E-150 6 cyc. I need a heater hose outlet / inlet tube. The metal corroded and no one has the part around here. My mechanic is on vacation so I want to have one for when he get back. Need help. :wacko: HELP!

Is it discontinued from the dealer?

Edit to add...Where does it come from & go to?

Edited by buddahj

Dealer wants about $100 and has to order it. I figure I should be able to get it online somewhere but can't seem to find it. From what I understand it bolts to the water pump and goes to the heater. He called it a heater hose outlet or inlet tube. :wacko:

Dealer wants about $100 and has to order it. I figure I should be able to get it online somewhere but can't seem to find it. From what I understand it bolts to the water pump and goes to the heater. He called it a heater hose outlet or inlet tube. :wacko:

Any salvage yards in your area? That should be pretty easy to find there. Otherwise it is a dealer only part. Gotta love northern cars. LOL

ETA; You may also want to take a look at a new water pump. Just go to the parts store and ask to see a new water pump the fitting may come with the new pump. If so that may be cheaper than the fitting itself from the dealer.

Edited by tbimm

Any salvage yards in your area? That should be pretty easy to find there. Otherwise it is a dealer only part. Gotta love northern cars. LOL

ETA; You may also want to take a look at a new water pump. Just go to the parts store and ask to see a new water pump the fitting may come with the new pump. If so that may be cheaper than the fitting itself from the dealer.

Replaced the water pump. I was told it was the water pump by the shop that does my oil changes. I took it to my mechanic and he replaced the pump. Thats where it looked like it was coming from. After he replaced the pump he saw the crack in the hose. He admitted he should have checked it better. He ordered the part and said he would install it at no charge. He put a temporary repair on it so I could use it. He got a call later and was told he couldn't get it. He gave me an option of getting it from the dealer or could try to braze the old one. The repair is not holding good enough to keep using. Would you recommend a new part or trying to braze the old one? I'm afraid a used one my cause problem down the road.