[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

abortion and "gendercide"

Azazello1313

So I go this far:

What is causing the skewed ratio: abortion.

It is not abortion causing it. If you believe in the argument that guns don't kill people, people do, then you should also subscribe to abortion (in India, China and all the other third world dumps mentioned) merely being a tool that serves both primitive superstition and ridiculous draconian laws.

So I go this far:

What is causing the skewed ratio: abortion.

It is not abortion causing it. If you believe in the argument that guns don't kill people, people do, then you should also subscribe to abortion (in India, China and all the other third world dumps mentioned) merely being a tool that serves both primitive superstition and ridiculous draconian laws.

huh? I don't really get your complaint. I suppose you could argue he ought to be more specific, and say that it's selective abortion causing the skew. it's people finding out what kind of baby they're carrying, preferring males, and selectively aborting females. the superstitions and laws you speak of are well laid out in the review, but none of that that has much to do with the simple fact that the numbers are skewed becase of gender-targeted abortions.

huh? I don't really get your complaint. I suppose you could argue he ought to be more specific, and say that it's selective abortion causing the skew. it's people finding out what kind of baby they're carrying, preferring males, and selectively aborting females. the superstitions and laws you speak of are well laid out in the review, but none of that that has much to do with the simple fact that the numbers are skewed becase of gender-targeted abortions.

The complaint I have about the article is simple enough. It is missing the point that without the one-child laws, the lack of general civilization, the lack of proper family planning and the backward nature of the people of these third world countries, there would be a whole lot less use of the only tool they have.

If not for superstition (including religion), poverty and laws, what other reason is there for gender-targeted abortion?

Hideous selfishness and a warped perspective.

PS I give up, what religion promotes gender-targeted abortion in any way? Most are just the opposite.

The theology of atheism.

The complaint I have about the article is simple enough. It is missing the point that without the one-child laws, the lack of general civilization, the lack of proper family planning and the backward nature of the people of these third world countries, there would be a whole lot less use of the only tool they have.

If not for superstition (including religion), poverty and laws, what other reason is there for gender-targeted abortion?

what I don't understand is how you think any of that contradicts what the author is saying in any way. he talks about all of these factors influencing the reasons behind selective abortion explicitly. :wacko:

The theology of atheism.

This is one time where religion or lack there of, has nothing to do with this. It is primarily a culturally driven phenomenon. There is simply more value to having a male than a female.