[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who is this year's Arian Foster?

Soup Nazi

Ben Tate's injury really opened the door for Foster last year. Hard to predict injuries, and truth be told, how often do you go from undrafted rookie 3rd stringer to number one overall RB? I don't think we will see "this year's Arian Foster" this year. You are lucky to see something like that once every several years.

Three seasons since 2002. But two were Holmes :wacko:

Three seasons since 2002. But two were Holmes :wacko:

I should have clarified - undrafted bench guy to #1 overall the very next year. What Arian Foster did last year reminds me of how Kurt Warner came out of nowhere in 1999 after Trent Green got hurt. Rarely do you see an injury lead to an unknown guy turn into the #1 overall fantasy player at his position. In fact, Warner is the only example I can even think of like that in recent history. Sure, guys like Willie Parker and Ryan Grant went undrafted and ended up becoming RB1 types at some point, but not #1 overall.

I should have clarified - undrafted bench guy to #1 overall the very next year. What Arian Foster did last year reminds me of how Kurt Warner came out of nowhere in 1999 after Trent Green got hurt. Rarely do you see an injury lead to an unknown guy turn into the #1 overall fantasy player at his position. In fact, Warner is the only example I can even think of like that in recent history. Sure, guys like Willie Parker and Ryan Grant went undrafted and ended up becoming RB1 types at some point, but not #1 overall.

Oh, I know...I was agreeing with you...it hasn't happened a lot historically. That said, talent is more spread out in college football now than it was 20 years ago...so who knows if there's a new trend coming. We'll just have to see. I do think Blount can be a #1 back this year, but #1 overall is probably a reach.

EDIT - Also, I think most people realize Blount was a legitimate 2nd or 3rd round talent but went undrafted because of the off-the-field issues. So maybe that's different.

Edited by lawofmurphy