[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

MFL Question

Footballjoe

I am trying to email the entire league but keep getting a message that says, "could not perform this operation because the default mail client is not properly installed." Any advice?

Not sure but there is a Commissioner Email set up area under the For Commissioner area. (have to open Set Up) I do know once in at the top of the page there is a Link to verify Commissioner email. A work around may be if you go into the Invite Franchise Owners you can type a message to emails you have loaded in the franchise set up area.

BTW, I agree completely that Firefox is the way to go!

Edited by Ice1

From MFL's help section:

Why do I get the error message "Could not perform the operation because the default mail client is not installed properly." when clicking on the Email To Entire League screen? (Or, why is my "To:" line truncated when I click on the Email To Entire League screen?)

Answer: According to Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 182985, there is a bug in Microsoft's Outlook email programs which limits the number of characters that can be included in a "mailto:" link to 456. You can find a work-around to the problem at that page, or, if possible, you might want to consider upgrading to a newer email program that does not have that bug in it.

So, what email client are you using?

I'm clueless. I just click on email league. So I guess somehow my email account (hotmail) has something to do with the problem?

Yes, that function needs an email client to connect to, which I don't beleive hotmail can be for any of them. For Microsoft, it's Outlook only I think... For Firefox, it's Gmail or Yahoo or you can set it up with a third party email application like Outlook.

Either set up an outlook or gmail account to forward or use seperately, or else you have to copy and manually enter the email addresses into an email, is my only advice.

Edited by delusions of granduer

I'm clueless. I just click on email league. So I guess somehow my email account (hotmail) has something to do with the problem?

Dumb question maybe, but do you have your email addy in the Commish set up?

Not sure if it will help (I use Comcast), but setup a gmail acct.

Dumb question maybe, but do you have your email addy in the Commish set up?

Not sure if it will help (I use Comcast), but setup a gmail acct.

I think it's an issue of Microsoft wanting people to use Outlook, because I remember having this issue back before I had Firefox (where it allows you to use Gmail or Yahoo options from the "mailto:" code):

Mailto clickable links do not always function correctly for the site visitor. The software mechanism activated by the link requires that a default email client be established on the computer. This must be a local program, typically using the SMTP protocol to send outbound mail. With the rise in use of webmail-based email, many computers lack local email client software. Alternatively, email client software may have been preinstalled by the computer vendor, but never used or configured. When such a visitor clicks on a mailto URI in their web browser, either the browser will display an error to the effect that no default email client exists, or the user will be subjected to a volley of technical questions by the unconfigured email client. Neither is a desirable outcome. Some web browsers such as Opera Firefox may be able to redirect clicks on mailto links to a chosen webmail service, but the majority of browsers have no such capability.
Edited by delusions of granduer