[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Predictions for this weekend's games

BeeR

I sure hope so. If nothing else, it will at least prove all the people right who have been talking about how NO will struggle in what "should be soggy conditions". Hell, I just listened to Mike and Mike and got the same story. Why are all these people assuming it's going to be wet and nasty? It was referenced earlier in the week and checked the weather. Nope, 5 straight days of sunny and 60s. Heard it again today, so again I checked. Perhaps a front moved in. Nope, "Sunny, along with a few afternoon clouds. Near record high temperatures. High 66F. Winds light and variable." That's it. That's the crazy weather everyone keeps saying is going to be the equalizer.

Looks like our Niners are just going to have to go out there and play better football than the Saints if they want to move on.

I was joking about the water pumping, but the turf at Candlestick has always been known as slow and sticky. I've never played on it so I wouldn't know. I can remember quite a few accusations of over-watering by the grounds crew over the years, and have heard many ex-players comment on the muddy, slow turf there.

I know that the NFL takes over the field maintenance during the post-season, but the field is built on a landfill in the Bay, only a few feet above water level. I could see it just constantly being wet under the field, regardless of weather conditions.

I was joking about the water pumping, but the turf at Candlestick has always been known as slow and sticky. I've never played on it so I wouldn't know. I can remember quite a few accusations of over-watering by the grounds crew over the years, and have heard many ex-players comment on the muddy, slow turf there.

I know that the NFL takes over the field maintenance during the post-season, but the field is built on a landfill in the Bay, only a few feet above water level. I could see it just constantly being wet under the field, regardless of weather conditions.

Oh, I know you were joking. It was just funny because I was driving home listening to Mike and Mike talking, yet again, about how the bad weather could alter the game. What freaking bad weather?

Oh, I know you were joking. It was just funny because I was driving home listening to Mike and Mike talking, yet again, about how the bad weather could alter the game. What freaking bad weather?

Yes, weather will not be an issue. It has been absolutely beautiful here for the last 4 days, and tomorrow should be more of the same. We really haven't had any rain all winter, so the field is in as good a shape as it ever will be.

Weather will play a factor in a few of the games this weekend:

very windy and bitter cold for the Pats/Broncos tomorrow night.

Rain and snow expected in GB for the Packers/Giants.

On the flip side, sunny and 66 degrees in SF tomorrow with light winds....perfect for the Saints to do what they do.

Chilly but sunny and calm in Baltimore on Sunday....no effect on the game expected.

I agree with this daring prediction 100% ....................................................wait ... what teams did I just pick here?

:wacko:

Eli trumps Brady, just like '07

lol good one

BAL beats NE in squeaker

NYG upset SF in squeaker

BAL hammers NYG who fall back to Earth as Manning has one of his patented really bad games, 2,3 turnovers at least and the murderer gets another ring o yay