[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Best Fantasy Football App for 2012 - What's yours?

OrangeCrush84

I am in a Yahoo league and really like the new 2012 Yahoo Fantasy Football app this year (I'm an Android user). However, my holy grail of FF apps would be something that lets you "favorite" specific NFL players, and get instant push notifications to your device when any kind of news breaks about them (injuries/trades/etc). Does anyone know if this exists (free or paid, Android or iPhone)?

I also use Playerline, which is great for tracking individual player news, but doesn't do push notifications--you have to log into the app and click on your "favorites" menu. Also looks like it doesn't update as frequently as it should.

Any other great FF apps that are out there this season? I'm looking for anything that will get me the edge to jump to drop/add a player before the rest of my league's managers...

Sounds like you want the latest news to your phone as soon as possible so that you can act on it ... that really isn't a fantasy football application, it is more of an NFL player news application. Fantasy football applications are designed to help you manage your league, lineups, rosters, etc ... while they may have a news feature that is not really the bread and butter of their business. You might try something like Rotowire?

Sounds like you want the latest news to your phone as soon as possible so that you can act on it ... that really isn't a fantasy football application, it is more of an NFL player news application. Fantasy football applications are designed to help you manage your league, lineups, rosters, etc ... while they may have a news feature that is not really the bread and butter of their business. You might try something like Rotowire?

Rotowire's app was actually one of the first I tried this year, but I couldn't add certain NFL players to a "favorite list" (like you can with Playerline) and couldn't get push notifications for specific players (can't find that feature anywhere currently)...