[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Injury/bye issues -- Which 2 to drop? or take a strategic zero?

PoorAvatar

PPR league. Very competitive but no one is trading right now.

Starters in bold:

QB (1) - Rivers

RB (2) - Charles, Sproles, A.Morris, Spiller, Jaquizz

WR (3) - R.Wayne, D.Avery, L.Moore, H.Nicks, G.Jennings, N.Burleson

TE (1) - K.Rudolph, A.Hernandez

K (1) - (none)

Nicks and Jennings are OUT and Burleson on BYE so I dumped a kicker to pick up Avery and delayed my decision of who to drop for a replacement kicker (probably Burleson).

But now that Moore is looking doubtful I would have to now drop 2 players to field a full team.

The best FA WRs are the likes of:

Greg Little

Nate Washington

Brandon LaFell

Donald Jones

I am wondering if it makes sense to take a zero at one or even 2 positions and keep my high upside players on my roster.

why dont you try to do a trade to solve your bye issue?

I'd drop Burleson for one of the receivers (LaFell or Nate?), but how can you drop Nicks (no way in the world), or even Jennings?

Yes. I'd do that, but...

after that, Jaquizz?? that'd be tough. It depends on how your matchup looks this week. I'd probably stop there and only drop Burleson.

Strategic zeros = Bad karma.

You really need a team full of studs to justify not starting your kicker. If you dropped Moore, would somebody definitely burn their waiver priority on him? Check to see if the low-priority coaches in your league have WR needs.

The last time Moore had hammy issues, he missed three games. People may be weary. You may be able to drop him for a kicker, then pick him back up (for Little, who is garbage) once he clears waivers next week. This may be a case where you have to set the alarm at 3:30am EST and grab him as soon as he becomes a Free Agent, in case someone else is thinking along the same lines.

If you think your league mates wouldn't hesitate to grab and stash an injured Moore, then drop Jacquizz. I don't believe Mike Smith when he says he's got the potential to be an "every down back" -- dude is 5'6" and Turner ain't going anywhere anytime soon. And you're hardly in the position to stash a guy in the hope that his rose will bloom in Week 11.

Either way, play your kicker, and sleep well at night.

• Like 1