[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The dreaded SoS

Company of Heroes

This is the time of the season I start digging into the SoS tool, trying to identify players due for a decline and those who could turn it on after a slow start. And who to target to deal away or acquire.

Lynch is one player who appears headed for a significant decline as SoS seems to indicate the SEA rushing schedule is near the worst. McFadden, on the other hand, is due for one of the easiest SoS. Yet most rankings put Lynch above McFadden. I'm thinking McFadden is much more attractive at this point.

How much stock do you put in SoS, and have you noticed others that SoS would indicate are in for big swings that otherwise might not be noticed?

Another way to say it, based on SoS alone, I'm tempted to say DeMarco Murray, McFadden, & Mathews all have significantly higher value than Lynch at this point despite static weekly RoS ranking in many sites ranking Lynch highest or at least equivalent.

Not trying to make this specific to Lynch, just curious how much SoS factors into overall thinking. I tend to think it plays a larger factor in RB production than most other positions.

I rarely look at SoS. I'm more a week to week kinda guy.

But I look at McFadden up to this point and he's been awful.

I'll take my chances with Lynch

I don't know. After this weekend with NE, I see Lynch with 7 of 10 matchups against the top 25% of rushing defenses, 1 bye week, and 2 favorable matchups.

In contrast, McFadden, over the same period, has 4 favorable matchups and no bad matchups...