[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Better Keeper Cruz or Andre Johnson in half PPR?

Steelhead

we are a 12 team 2 keeper league with performance scoring with half ppr (scoring in sig line). My options i'm mulling over for keepers which I have to decide today are

AJ

Cruz

Alf Morris

Matt Ryan

Now I'm pretty sure I am keeping Morris so I need to decide between Cruz and Johnson. They are pretty much ranked the same so hoping for some peoples thoughts on both of them.

It's possible I keep both of them or even Ryan due to i'm rather sure either CJ2K or Alf will fall to me in the first round, however with the large number of elite QBs already kept Ryan will go in the early 2nd round (which is the 4th in redraft). Only thing that could hose it up if a 3rd RB is taken before my pick.

Rd 1 draft position and their keepers

1 - RB, RB

2 - RB, WR, QB (rookie keeper lock)

3 - RB, RB

4 - RB, WR, QB

5 - RB, QB, QB (2nd qb is rookie keeper lock)

I'm thinking I'm just going to keep Morris and Ryan and draft best WR at my spot: AJ, VJax, Cruz, Cobb. then i have a stud at 3 positions and can go with best WR or RB in the 2nd round. I drafted Ryan in the 4th rd last year but there's 3 more QBs kept then last year so I think he'll go earlier than that this time around.

Do your keepers cost you a draft pick? Is it related to when you drafted them? This makes a big difference.

No sorry about leaving that out. It doesn't cost us anything. We started this 13 yrs ago and I've tried to get something like that in place but the league is like a bunch of ultra conservatives with our keeper rules.

So it's literally who do I think will help me build the best team. I'm taking Alf because if I don't then I will be drafting CJ2K as my RB1. May not be a bad thing but just not sure about hiim.

Knowing the guys in my league if I don't keep Ryan or draft him 1st rd then he, Cam, and Romo could very likely be gone by my 2nd pick so I would have to wait on QB and settle for a Stafford, Bradford, Cutler, Colin K, or Eli as my starter. Maybe I'm just placing too much value on QBs since 6 of the top 9 are already off the board (2 on one team).

Another thought would be instead of Alf & AJ/Cruz just do Alf and Ryan and then take the top available WR which will be Cruz, AJ, Cobb, possibly VJax