[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

More Fantasy Points this week 1?

bostonsoxandy

I feel like I kept seeing monster statlines for all types of guys this week. I don't have any hard numbers but it certainly feels like this was one of the higher-scoring fantasy weeks of all time.

If this persists I'm not sure if it is a good thing for fantasy...makes the game more about luck and less about skill if teams are throwing for 400 yards (3 guys) or over 300 (11 guys with 1 more @ 299). While only 1 RB over 100 yards (@ 101). just had a bizarre feel for me. Not sure if its fluky or if it really shows the paradigm shift to passing heavy in the league.

Thoughts?

Agreed there were some monster lines in my main league. Guy I'm playing had manning aj green and Cruz who had a ton of points. I'm right around the score that would typically give you a good chance to win but I'm getting absolutely demolished (with texans d going tonight). Agree there were some giants stat lines (witten, ap, r bush come to mind)

I suspect that your sample size is small, bostonsoxandy.The total scoring in Week One is somewhat lower than it was last year for Week One:

• 2012 total points scored for Week One: 48.19
  • 2013 total points scored for Week One: 40.87(does not include Monday)

When you factor in the games that were fantasy duds (in particular TEN-PIT, TB-NYJ, and SEA-CAR) this was actually a subpar week. Of course, there were some fantasy goldmines this week that grabbed the headlines (Peyton Manning and most of the Broncos receivers, Jared Cook, Dallas defense, Kaepernick, Reggie Bush, AJ Green) but on the whole this was a "normal" week in statistical terms.