[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

One week league overall strategy

jpevonap

I started on Fan Duel in week 2 and I'm pretty much hooked. Not on the gambling as much as how fun the research and strategy is but I guess it's extra incentive. I've never enjoyed the long seasons of fantasy but this has sparked my interest in fantasy again ever since trying it. I searched around and it seems like there are more questions about what it's like, which site is better, etc. I haven't found some solid threads about actual strategy on the one week leagues.

I've messed around with all the different contests and I like the H2H matches because if you pick a decent team, you can take advantage of some of the less experienced players and average your winnings better. But I created a 10x H2H contest this week and this dude took 9 of the 10 games so that pretty much eliminated my strategy of even creating the 10 H2H matches. I like the tournaments because of the off chance you can score big but it's still relatively easy to get your money back and more when you play the right tournaments.

What are the experienced players doing on a regular basis to win? Are more people playing multiple teams, only a few teams, or possibly sticking with one team? What types of contests are you guys playing and why?

Thanks in advance for any input.

I play on a few sites, mostly DraftKings and a new one called Fanday (where there a lot of noobs taht I prey on). Tournaments are great if you want to spend a little and make a big profit, as long as you are better than the majority. Head to head is tricky because of somebody coming and taking all of your games so I just like to select a few posts rather than posting. My fav though are the 50/50 contests, if you finish in the top half you double your money (minus rake). 50/50s are great for an approach of safe, reliable players which is my forte (no pun intended).

• Like 1

I play on a few sites, mostly DraftKings and a new one called Fanday (where there a lot of noobs taht I prey on). Tournaments are great if you want to spend a little and make a big profit, as long as you are better than the majority. Head to head is tricky because of somebody coming and taking all of your games so I just like to select a few posts rather than posting. My fav though are the 50/50 contests, if you finish in the top half you double your money (minus rake). 50/50s are great for an approach of safe, reliable players which is my forte (no pun intended).

How many teams do you usually play in your 50/50s? Do you usually stick with one team and play multiple contests or no?

I love the weekly tournys..im getting better and better every week..one of these times im gunna come up big hopefully.But, matchups are key while picking players (obv) and i have been noticing that i rarely even buy studs. Maybe 1-2 on a team but finding those sleepers who put up points big points is what wins. I prefer the tournys with 250-1000 people and also the ones with 30k people. I use to like the 50/50s but the payout just doesnt seem worth it to me. What are some rosters you guys are starting this week? Ill post a cpl that are under 60k and see what u guys think.

My approach varies based on the contest. If I'm playing one of the big payoff contests with thousands of entrants, I will try to pick at least two outliers that I feel have a good chance to hit and separate me from the masses. It's a lottery ticket.

The more limited the number of entrants, my picks will be the ones I feel good about of course, but are more mainstream to try to get in the money to build my bank.