[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vereen+Daniels for Reed

crazyascarl

I just picked up Jordon Reed yesterday-- not sure how he was available, but I won't question it.

I had Graham with a backup of Ertz who is on bye... couldn't trade him to anybody so I dropped Ertz and picked up Reed. (who I'm in the midst of my own trade proposal with... http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?/topic/428470-reedandre-johnson-for-bennettsanu/ )

Just got a proposal giving me Owen Daniels and Vereen for Reed.

Reed is definitely a step up from Daniels and in two weeks they'd either be backups to Graham.

Vereen is the interesting one... my RB's are really weak for the time being

Jeremy Hill

Oliver

Khiry Robinson

with Montee Ball and Ryan Mathews riding my bench injured. But even with that, NE backfield is a mystery right now with Ridley out.

is there any reason I should take this?!?!

Am I missing something as don't see how it helps long or short term or who I would drop in his 2-for-1...

I initially inquired about McKinnon or Joique, which I see as much more realistic plays.

His team:

QB- Stafford, Rivers

RB- Forsett, J Bell, Vereen, P Thomas, AP, Pierce, McKinnon (a stockpile!)

WR-Marshall, Cooks, V Jackson, E Sanders

TE- Daniels

You think? I don't know that Vereen is any more of a known entity than Khiry moving forward... he's a rb3 turned rb2 in a system that is completely unpredictable (fantasy wise)

While I am super weak at RB, I have enough RB2's to field a few mediocre players (and hope Oliver can do what he did last week again...). But in a 2-1 trade I don't see anybody on my roster that I would drop for him.

I'd take Vereen over Khiry, personally. I don't know for sure, but I think Vereen will start to be used more just out of necessity. NE has White, a rookie who really hasn't played much. And, they have Bolden who's been a special teams guy. Last week, Bolden was brought in when Ridley was hurt but I think, going forward, Vereen's usage will be more like Week 1 than the subsequent weeks. If you do the deal, you should go get Jared Cook. If Witten can score on Seattle, Cook sure can.